ADVERTISEMENT

"Secret" Maryland Scrimmage

MyNameisJoe

Assistant Coach
Sep 5, 2006
Take it fwiw, but apparently Pitt lost to Maryland by 5 in the scrimmage. Now, I know it's only a scrimmage, but still - not a bad showing at all considering

I should add, this is being reported by Craig Meyer on Twitter

Last edited:
IMO I don't take scrimmages too serious especially when it's the first one or two and you're trying to find rotation and different scenarios that you do in scrimmages but I am impressed with the 29 from Trey

I have a buddy on the Maryland staff, he told me that is not accurate and that both teams experimented with a bunch of different things. Wouldn’t read much into it being good or bad
Hence the "I know it's only a scrimmage" - Meyer reported both a loss by 9 and then by 5. I'm just passing info. Still a positive in my eyes

IMO I don't take scrimmages too serious especially when it's the first one or two and you're trying to find rotation and different scenarios that you do in scrimmages but I am impressed with the 29 from Trey
Yes that’s certainly a positive and the MD staffer did rave about McGowens and Drumgoole. Said we can’t rebound at all but Hamilton goes “hard AF”.

One thing I found interesting and to watch is he said Pitt was very much looking forward to seeing someone in a different jersey because they started so early. As most of you know, there’s no set start date for practice, and it seems Pitt started rather early. With the Italy trip and starting early, burnout during the ACC season could be something to watch for. That’s a long time with very little time off.

FWIW, he guessed 6 ACC wins. And it’s not worth much.

Hence the "I know it's only a scrimmage" - Meyer reported both a loss by 9 and then by 5. I'm just passing info. Still a positive in my eyes

On the road scrimmage and you are very competitive vs last year's Sagarin #29 is not a bad showing at all.

Anyone know whether MD is projected to be better or worse than last season?

Last edited:
Yes that’s certainly a positive and the MD staffer did rave about McGowens and Drumgoole. Said we can’t rebound at all but Hamilton goes “hard AF”.

One thing I found interesting and to watch is he said Pitt was very much looking forward to seeing someone in a different jersey because they started so early. As most of you know, there’s no set start date for practice, and it seems Pitt started rather early. With the Italy trip and starting early, burnout during the ACC season could be something to watch for. That’s a long time with very little time off.

Doubt we rebound any worse than last year. Any improvement at all in that category will be welcome.

Six ACC wins would translate to close to a 0.500 season (e.g., 9-2 OOC + 6-14 ACC + ?-? ACCT). A couple of more wins above that and an NIT bid is possible.

I'm still saying 10 ACC wins and 20 overall. I know there's a lot of naysayers saying no way possible but if it comes to fruition just don't be surprised because you heard it!

On the road scrimmage and you are very competitive vs last year's Sagarin #29 is not a bad showing at all.

Anyone know whether MD is projected to be better or worse than last season?

Read online that MD is a pre-season consensus top 10 team.

As someone noted, it is hard to project much out of a scrimmage when both teams are experimenting. Still, being competitive with a projected top 10 team is definitely not a negative.

Reactions: Tonyt66
I'm still saying 10 ACC wins and 20 overall. I know there's a lot of naysayers saying no way possible but if it comes to fruition just don't be surprised because you heard it!

Possible--but I think it means Coulibaly will need to develop relatively quickly and become an effective secondary rebounder and inside scorer for that to happen. Hope it does because if it does it should boost 2021 recruiting prospects above that of 2020.

Reactions: Tonyt66
Pitt is going to the final 4 this year! Not doubt about it. You heard it here first.

6 - 8 feels about right for ACC wins with what we know today about this Pitt team

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT