ADVERTISEMENT

SI College Preview Issue... Max Browne

Aug 12, 2009
I'm reading the issue cover to cover and flip to page 70 and find a full page picture of Max Browne (an article on grad transfers). It calls out the BS of providing academic options to student-athletes and labels grad transferring what it is, free agency. It mentions that Max considered all options before reaching out to Pitt, and following Peterman being a prime factor... no surprise. Other interesting tidbits: NC State's veteran Defense is perhaps the toughest test of the season for Browne... so SI has appointed Browne the starter (not a huge reach). ACC is second in draft picks over the past five years with 194, but 4th in median draft position at 127.5. "Bold" Prediction... Charlie Strong and USF could go undefeated against a soft schedule. Funny quote... Bob Bowlsby has spent the entirety of his five-year tenure playing defense, which makes him the diametric opposite of most of his league's football teams (from article Big Trouble in the Big). I have to say, I'm enjoying the content of this college preview issue more than other publications.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT