ADVERTISEMENT

Signing Day Special: How Pitt's newest Australian punter ended up with the Panthers

Chris Peak

Lair Hall of Famer
Staff
Jun 19, 2004
Pitt's punter for the last four seasons came to the Panthers from Melbourne, Australia, and it looks like the team's punter for the next four years will have the same origin. Sam Vander Haar spoke to Panther-Lair.com about how he ended up at Pitt, his expectations for his time in Pittsburgh and a lot more.

Reactions: Farnox
How do you know that he will be Pitt’s punter the next 4 seasons? Can Guess may have something to say about that? Or should I say his foot may have something…?

How do you know that he will be Pitt’s punter the next 4 seasons? Can Guess may have something to say about that? Or should I say his foot may have something…?
I guess I shouldn't assume, but it seems like when they're bringing him in on scholarship, the expectation is that he'll be the starter.

Anyway, my synopsis aside, did you check out the interview? It's a pretty interesting story.

Pitt's punter for the last four seasons came to the Panthers from Melbourne, Australia, and it looks like the team's punter for the next four years will have the same origin. Sam Vander Haar spoke to Panther-Lair.com about how he ended up at Pitt, his expectations for his time in Pittsburgh and a lot more.

Any kicker with a Vander something in his name is always good!

Welcome aboard!

Reactions: Chris Peak
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT