ADVERTISEMENT

So, what do we talk about now??

FreeportPanther

All P I T T !
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
The posters who have been beating the drum about Capel have been proven correct.
There is no rational argument that can be made for keeping him, his brother, and the rest of the bunch around here for another minute after the season ends.
If this entire roster decides to transfer in protest, good riddance! Pretty much what happened when Capel was hired. Interesting that it DIDN'T happen when Stallings was hired!

Find an up and comer who knows what he's doing and with something to prove. Give him the resources to succeed and allow him to hire a dynamic young staff with proven connections to the places where talented BB players come from.

The only thing that will reinvigorate this program is HOPE. Bringing this trainwreck back, with no recruits and coming off two abysmal seasons will not move the needle. No, it will move the needle but in the wrong direction.

Buying our way out of this situation will be painful from a $ standpoint, but it must be done. The basketball program is sinking to a level from which it may never return.

We need a coach who can recruit a solid core of prep players. He must recruit to a system, teach it, and stick with it. I hear about the portal all the time, but to think you can rebuild your roster each year with spare parts and achieve the continuity, esprit de corps, and talent level to compete in the ACC at a high or even nominal level is foolish. Get your core, and supplement it with the portal. Kind of like pro teams and free agency.

And let's stop the foolishness about "facilities" right here and now. The Pete is a jewel, and it was just renovated! The players lounge was upgraded, the coaches have good digs, we have weight facilities and practice facilities. How many and how much do you need for a roster of 11 kids? We have the Life Skills program. So just let this dog lie!

What needs done is now obvious. Whether Lyke can navigate her way out of the mess she created remains to be seen. If I'm the chancellor, I call her in for a meeting, and just look daggers at her. No words need to be said at this point. The basketball program is a money draining embarrassment to the University.

Finally, to all the Pollyanna apologists and enablers out there, just shut up! Mo Gueye is an all american! Woo Hoo! Hugley is the second coming of DeJuan Blair! Woo Hoo! Horton is the best shooter at Pitt since Gibbs! Woo Hoo! Femi is the second coming of BK! Woo Hoo!
Recruiting is off the charts! Woo Hoo! Capel is the best coach in Pitt History, just needs time to show it! Woo Hoo!

There, did I cover everything we've been told over and over? It doesn't matter that the Pete is empty, the football team can't even take recruits there, we have 0 recruits for 2022, and likely have our best players bailing out again, and the record is there for all to see. Those of us who are critical are not true fans, don't give this program enough $$, and don't understand what our eyes are telling us. We need the secret decoder ring that only a few choice Polly's have.

Enough!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News