ADVERTISEMENT

Soft Quitters

agreed. Soft…can’t tackle. Flat…poorly coached

….then we witnessed something unfamiliar to a life long Pitt fan…a miracle come back win!
Was waiting for Lucy to pull the ball from Charlie Brown…but it didn’t happen this time!

Last edited:
I think we should give “The Werewolf” a bit of a pass. He’s clearly a passionate Pitt fan as he posts here almost daily. He’s also typically pretty well informed. Just had a bad read in the heat of the moment.

Reactions: Cmart2004
I think we should give “The Werewolf” a bit of a pass. He’s clearly a passionate Pitt fan as he posts here almost daily. He’s also typically pretty well informed. Just had a bad read in the heat of the moment.
Lol. Wherewolf posting under another handle

Yeah a Pitt fan who is by far the most negative poster on the board. His posts on Holstein don’t support the knowledge argment

Everybody had the same read at that point in time. Some of us chose to wait and see what happened, while others went ape shit on the board.

Certainly looks stupid now and didn't age well.

Kudos to the team for recovering, but they played like crap for a majority of the game.

Everybody had the same read at that point in time. Some of us chose to wait and see what happened, while others went ape shit on the board.

Certainly looks stupid now and didn't age well.

Kudos to the team for recovering, but they played like crap for a majority of the game.
They were shooting themselves in the foot for the most part. But yeah credit to the staff and players for not quitting and pulling off an amazing comeback

I was tempted to post mid to late third quarter. Glad I held off. I’d have surely emabrased myself

Yeah a Pitt fan who is by far the most negative poster on the board. His posts on Holstein don’t support the knowledge argment
Clearly not Werewolf. If you check my posts I’ve always been cautiously optimistic about Holstein.

Reactions: TD_6082

he has that other one too, with 88 at the end, they come out every bad game

If you like Werewolf, then you like constant negativity. He has a lot of bad reads.

If you like Werewolf, then you like constant negativity. He has a lot of bad reads.

I think a lot of his negativity is just frustration because college football has morphed into a sport where it's going to be very difficult for Pitt to win at a high level going forward.

I’ve always been cautiously optimistic about Holstein.
He was not very good today. There is no hiding that he was in over his head, Yarnell most likely would have played better, looks like we have another QB-OC love affair to deal with. I am not saying he won't get better, or does not have a greater upside, but the team won in spite of his poor play TBH.

It is what it is. Anyone who ever expected Pitt win win at a high level even before the recent changes was delusional

Yeah. But now even 2021 levels are probably unattainable. We're probably not going to be able to keep a Kenny Pickett around for 4 years or a guy like Kancey throughout his college career.

He was not very good today. There is no hiding that he was in over his head, Yarnell most likely

would have played better, looks like we have another QB-OC love affair to deal with. I am not saying he won't get better, or does not have a greater upside, but the team won in spite of his poor play TBH.
They won because he played a hell of a game late in the third and the fourth

He for sure struggled. But to say he was in over his head is just not accurate. Hes making his second start. Anyone who’s realistic knows a freshman Qb is going to struggle at times

Reactions: dave97
Yeah. But now even 2021 levels are probably unattainable. We're probably not going to be able to keep a Kenny Pickett around for 4 years or a guy like Kancey throughout his college career.
I guess we’ll see.

Hes making his second start.
So, you argue he is not in over his head and in the same sentence qualify his play with this statement, I hope you are not a defense attorney, you prove the other guys argument. Yarnell wins the game a lot easier.

They were shooting themselves in the foot for the most part. But yeah credit to the staff and players for not quitting and pulling off an amazing comeback

I was tempted to post mid to late third quarter. Glad I held off. I’d have surely emabrased myself
Being wrong on the internet isn't embarrassing! There are no consequences! Pooping your pants at work? Now that's embarrassing! I can write whatever I want to you strangers on here and go about my day unaffected. Saying you want the coach fired 5 minutes into the game can feel cathartic. It doesn't matter if the team makes that post look dumb 30 minutes later.

So, you argue he is not in over his head and in the same sentence qualify his play with this statement, I hope you are not a defense attorney, you prove the other guys argument. Yarnell wins the game a lot easier.
You can’t possibly be this dumb but you seem intent on proving it.

A freshman can have uneven play and not be in over their head. Hope that helps

A freshman can have uneven play and not be in over their head. Hope that helps
Pitt needs to win games. It is the Pitt Panthers , not Holstein Panthers, when he was just throwing the ball around in the 1st quarter, Yarnell should have been inserted, and Pitt wins by more than one. Not sure what is so hard to understand or is in any way a negative , the facts are he was clearly not reading anything, just chucking it up.

Pitt needs to win games. It is the Pitt Panthers , not Holstein Panthers, when he was just throwing the ball around in the 1st quarter, Yarnell should have been inserted, and Pitt wins by more than one. Not sure what is so hard to understand or is in any way a negative , the facts are he was clearly not reading anything, just chucking it up.
You have no idea if Yarnell wins. We know for a fact that Holstein led them to a win.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
We know for a fact that Holstein led them to a win
We also know for a fact that he struggled in many poor decisions in the first quarter. What is wrong with jump starting a few possessions with Yarnell?

We also know for a fact that he struggled in many poor decisions in the first quarter. What is wrong with jump starting a few possessions with Yarnell?
I thought it was more Holstein over/underthrowing his receivers than his decision making.

Reactions: Burgh15
I thought it was more Holstein over/underthrowing his receivers than his decision making.
Well, maybe that is where I am missing the boat. He seemed to just be chucking them to the deep receivers play after play in the 1st quarter, of course I could not tell just watching on TV.

Not sure what’s so hard to understand. Holstein got it together and won the game and threw for over 300 yards As someone else said if you’re going to tank your young qb everyone he struggles he’s never going to develop. Clearly the end result shows the coaches made the right decision by sticking with him. Had they not come back you might have an argument.

Reactions: Ski11585
It was both. He was also holding the ball way too long.
I think the pick made him a bit gun shy. He also said he struggled a bit with the three high safety look and wasn’t taking what the D gave him. Good news is he gathered himself and played pretty darn good He’ll learn from this an be that much better from it

Reactions: TD_6082
Being wrong on the internet isn't embarrassing! There are no consequences! Pooping your pants at work? Now that's embarrassing! I can write whatever I want to you strangers on here and go about my day unaffected. Saying you want the coach fired 5 minutes into the game can feel cathartic. It doesn't matter if the team makes that post look dumb 30 minutes later.
I’m sure a lot of the people posting the negative things about HCPN, Holstein, etc during the game yesterday, love the team as much as the people on this thread.
It’s definitely cathartic for me to post how bad things are, during a game like yesterday's. But believe me I would have watched the entire game if we were losing by 30 points. If we go 3-9 again this year I’ll still be at every game I can be, or watching it if I’m not there

Clearly the end result shows the coaches made the right decision by sticking with him.
Better yet, now that the game is won, and Holstein has gained that experience, it will help Pitt put up good numbers vs WVU this week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT