ADVERTISEMENT

Softball

California Panther

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 5, 2001
Softball had a 9-0 lead at Georgia Tech yesterday in the second inning, they ended up losing 18-9 in a mercy rule shortened game, a big Dick Groat WOW!

33 wins down to 7? It’s like back to ground zero in less than a season.

It wasn't at all necessary to blow up the softball program. Division champs to the absolute worst program in the power5 (and probably most mid-majors). This is on one person, and one person only. A Scott Barnes-like move for sure.

Meanwhile, Holly has Louisville at 27-15 and #33 in the RPI.

Last edited:
Reactions: bwh05
I'm willing to give it some time, but this seems to he Heather's big mistake. Still overall I think she is doing a strong job imo.

Your correct head coach this is for sure Heathers big mistake. Holly is gone and that’s not gonna change. The timing of the job opening last year was less than optimal to attract equally qualified candidates to replace her. Perhaps if the job was open in a timely manner Heather could rectify the situation and limit the amount of damage to the program before it needs a total rebuild. Life in power 5 sports isn’t for everyone players and coaches alike. Sometimes it’s better to admit a mistake and move on rather than trying to convince people you didn’t make one from the start....

She needs to make the change at the end of the season. They gave up 14 runs to St. Francis, then 10 to Kent State. Their fundamentals are terrible. The same players who played good fundamental ball last year have simply quit and are going through the motions. I have heard that recruiting essentially is non-existent. When you have a coach who is over her head, you have to cut the cancer out quickly before it destroys the program.

Reactions: gull point
She needs to make the change at the end of the season. They gave up 14 runs to St. Francis, then 10 to Kent State. Their fundamentals are terrible. The same players who played good fundamental ball last year have simply quit and are going through the motions. I have heard that recruiting essentially is non-existent. When you have a coach who is over her head, you have to cut the cancer out quickly before it destroys the program.

I'd be pleasantly shocked if she cuts bait after one year. It would be an impressive move on her part to admit to such a massive screw up.

But the program is already destroyed. It's at ground zero. Seriously, one of the worst teams in all of D1 and no recruiting. Not even Stallings so thoroughly destroyed a program so quickly.

Last edited:
Reactions: sjw5065
And Holly gets Louisville to the NCAA tourney in her first year. What a f* up for Lyke.

Reactions: Pitt MD
ADVERTISEMENT