ADVERTISEMENT

Some scholarship numbers

Chris Peak

Lair Hall of Famer
Staff
Jun 19, 2004
We're due for an update to the Scholarship Board, and I'll get that done when we get to the end of camp. But a couple notes to keep in mind.

Here's the board: https://pittsburgh.forums.rivals.com/threads/the-2017-scholarship-board.112979/

- I added redshirt freshman offensive lineman Jimmy Morrissey this spring, but I don't believe he actually went on scholarship in the spring. That shouldn't change the numbers too much, as I expect him to be on scholarship by the end of training camp.

- Obviously I need to add Matt Flanagan to the list, which would seem to push it above 85 to 86. But I'm also going to remove Zack Gilbert from the list. He will not count against Pitt's scholarship numbers this season. And that would drop it back down to 85.

- I'll also remove Rori Blair, which would drop the total to 84, but I need to add Brandon Hodges, which gets it back to 85. That would mean Pitt is at the full complement of scholarships for 2017, barring any further attrition.

- With 85, there wouldn't be any room for a walk-on to get a scholarship. If another spot opens up, I would look at a player like Jimmy Medure as a candidate; he got a mention from Josh Conklin on Monday, who said that Medure had moved from linebacker to defensive end and was getting some work in Pitt's Delta package (the third-down personnel grouping). Or freshman long-snapper Cal Adomitis, who could be the starter this season; in fact, if he wins the starting job, he might be more likely to get the scholarship (if one comes open).

- There are also a couple position moves I need to make on the Scholarship Board; those will get addressed when I update it later this month (my plan is to do a full update when Morrissey goes on scholarship).

Reactions: McAlone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News