ADVERTISEMENT

Some terrible news to share

That's really great advice. I just had my physical and bloodwork done. It was all fine but....outside of some obvious things like increased white blood cell counts and liver functions, is there really anything else that would indicate the presence of cancer??
There are FDA approved liquid biopsy tests that analyze urine to look for cancer markers that help identify aggressive prostate cancer. Good to get if your PSA goes up.

I didn't know him personally but I enjoyed reading what he posted on this message board. I will miss his contributions here, and what a sad, sad time for those of you who did know him. Tragically young to go through that.

The obituary linked at the top of this thread should not be missed. In a few brief paragraphs it gives a thoughtful, amusing, colorful sketch of a man the world lost far too young.
Well said. Drew made the most of his 41 years. He will certainly be missed.

Beloved poster and friend Drew1208 succumbed to his pancreatic cancer. One of my favorite people to talk Pitt hoops and life with off of here. Drew was an awesome dude.

If you want to donate.
Just got back from the funeral home (it was packed). Even though I only met Drew once, he made an impression on me and my wife.

Glad I went. Friend of mine is a good friend of his sister's and she introduced us to her. I started telling his sister about the Panther lair, and she vaguely knew about the board but not how to access it or anything. I told her there was a big thread on here with a lot of heartfelt words. She asked for the link and is going to check it out. @Chris Peak can we can figure out a way to get her access to the paid board thread too?

I talked to his dad. He told me Drew used to get so excited over things like landing guys on the transfer portal, sometimes waking him up in the middle of the night to message his dad.

Just got back from the funeral home (it was packed). Even though I only met Drew once, he made an impression on me and my wife.

Glad I went. Friend of mine is a good friend of his sister's and she introduced us to her. I started telling his sister about the Panther lair, and she vaguely knew about the board but not how to access it or anything. I told her there was a big thread on here with a lot of heartfelt words. She asked for the link and is going to check it out. @Chris Peak can we can figure out a way to get her access to the paid board thread too?

I talked to his dad. He told me Drew used to get so excited over things like landing guys on the transfer portal, sometimes waking him up in the middle of the night to message his dad.
Thx 4 sharing and thank u for telling her about our board. H2P!!!!

That’s awesome. I remember I got him and his dad tickets pretty close for a game last year. He was extremely grateful and him and his dad loved the time they had together at the game. Glad I was able to give him some sort of joy in his last few months with his dad. Cancer SUCKS

Thx 4 sharing and thank u for telling her about our board. H2P!!!!
You will be missed, Drew. Each time I saw a post from you, I was thrilled that you were still with us another day. Even though you rarely talked about it, those of us who followed you on here knew the story. It was great to meet you and your wife at Fuel and Fuddle before the Syracuse game. That was really a great day. RIP, Drew!

I sent his Twitter account a DM earlier today with the links to the threads. I don’t know if he has a family member who has access to any of that stuff on his phone, but figured it was worth a try for his family to see what kind of impact he had on people.

I’m gonna miss him, man. Great dude.

This has been a tough few weeks for me. First my 44 year old cousin committed suicide leaving behind 2 small kids and a wife and then a poster on here I absolutely respected and loved talking Pitt with passed from a terrible terrible cancer.

Keep fighting Poker.

Like most here I didn't know Drew beyond the Lair but after reading that outstanding obituary, I wish I had known him. What a refreshing and personal tribute to a man who was obviously beloved by his friends and family.

I lost one of my closest friends to pancreatic when he was 45. I gave his eulogy with his wife and 3 young sons sitting right in front of me in the first pew. That may have been the most emotionally difficult thing I've ever had to do. What a $hitty disease.

RIP Drew. No more suffering.

Sad to hear this news about Drew. He was a huge Pitt fan, and I enjoyed his posts and positive attitude. Condolences and prayers to his family and friends; may he rest in peace.

As others said, cancer sucks. Get regular checkups; wear sunscreen; if you're over 45 start planning for colonoscopies; PSA tests (if you're male); and mammograms (if you're female). Catching certain cancers early can certainly be treated, with positive results; I'm living proof ...

Beloved poster and friend Drew1208 succumbed to his pancreatic cancer. One of my favorite people to talk Pitt hoops and life with off of here. Drew was an awesome dude.

If you want to donate.
Drew's family is having a get together today on their street to celebrate his life and they wanted me to invite anyone from the board who wants to go. I'll be stopping by. Anyone else who wants to go just message me and I'll provide the address.

Drew's family is having a get together today on their street to celebrate his life and they wanted me to invite anyone from the board who wants to go. I'll be stopping by. Anyone else who wants to go just message me and I'll provide the address.
Just a head up — I don’t think non paying folks can message you. So maybe if they’re interested they can tag you/respond here. You can message them since you subscribe.

Reactions: brdst11
I remember him posting that this was a place that took his mind off his battle for a while and gave him a sense of normalcy. He seemed like a good guy. RIP. God bless his family in their grief.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT