ADVERTISEMENT

Some thoughts following the NW win

jlazinger

All Conference
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2011
  • Any "tournament" win is a great outcome. I know we didn't beat anyone great but we did beat two P-5 teams and this feels like the first anything we won since Dixon was around.
  • The difference in athleticism was probably the biggest difference in this game. We defended really well and, although we did give up some open shots, we play in NW's shorts the whole game. Holding a team to 36% shooting will always keep you in a game.
  • Champagnie is already my favorite player on this team. If you look at his non 3's, he went 6 of 9 from the field. While I'm sure he's not likely to take 11 threes every game, the fact that he still hit the two of them at the end following all of the misses really shows the insane confidence level this kid has.
  • The shooting is going to hold this team back but having Hamilton on this team and playing the way he is really should help the rebounding. The fact that we out rebounded a bigger team by almost 50% (44-30) shows a ton of effort. Capel has these kids playing hard.
  • I hope they stay hungry because this Rutgers game is almost a must win at this point to pad the win totals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.