Here's the first 6 out:

43% - LSU
39% - Indiana
38% - Purdue
24% - Miami
24% - Illinois
13% - Pitt
10% - KSU

Just throwing that out there.... that assumes ZERO bid-stealers from smaller conferences.

How about the next 3??

We beat FSU-Clemson-UVA in the next 7 days and we would have 22 wins, a winning ACC record, a RPI probably in the mid to high 40s, and most importantly a win over a 1 loss team on a neutral court.

Would that be enough? I think it would be awful close.

Re: How about the next 3??

Let's put it this way. I would watch the selection show if Pitt wins it's next three.

For s& giggles, I plugged into RPI forecast wins @FSU, v Clemson, v UVA and a loss v Duke in the ACCt.

Pitt would be 22-13, 39 RPI and 23 SOS with a win over a #1 seed on a neutral court. That's a tournament team.

Of course, this isn't happening. :)
This post was edited on 3/6 1:49 PM by PittMBA

Re: How about the next 3??

Originally posted by whirlybird optio:
We beat FSU-Clemson-UVA in the next 7 days and we would have 22 wins, a winning ACC record, a RPI probably in the mid to high 40s, and most importantly a win over a 1 loss team on a neutral court.

Would that be enough? I think it would be awful close.
Then with a loss to UNC, our RPI would be 45. We'd definitely be in the conversation, that's for sure and UPitt would be back with his bubble watch by 2PM on Thursday.

So, OK, 3 gives us an outside chance. 4 is a lock.

I think I'm just giving myself a reason to still be excited about the next 2 games.

It's still the same # of games to get to the NCAAT as before the Wake Forrest loss. Now it likely means having to beat Duke & UVA IN Greensboro. If this team does that, they will have more than earned a bid.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

It's still the same # of games to get to the NCAAT as before the Wake Forrest loss. Now it likely means having to beat Duke & UVA in Greensboro. If this team does that, they will have more than earned a bid.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Pitt can get back into the discussion but they would have to win the next 3 at a minimum. That would put them into the ACC semis where a win would clinch a berth. But I think there is a possibility that 3 wins does it.

Possibly...but more importantly, can Pitt actually win one in a row? Pitt fans overlooked Wake Forest as they talked about the bubble and how deserving the Panther resume was. Then Pitt fans overlooked Miami as they continued to talk about the bubble and how deserving the Panther resume was comparatively. I would not overlook Florida State. I would not be surprised with a win or a loss...but at this point...talking about an at-large invitation seems silly. Hail to Pitt!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT