ADVERTISEMENT

Speaking of "stifling"....as was mentioned in another

recruitsreadtheseboards

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2006
thread in regards to a previous coach and regime. We always heard how "stifling" and offensively challenged Pitt's style was and it was held against us on the recruiting trail. We know it was used against us, hell we heard it from recruits. This brings me to..........Syracuse and Jim Boeheim.

Sure, he has put a lot of players in the league. When you get that kind of talent, you can't help not to. But....they certainly don't play this open brand of basketball and haven't in awhile. When Pitt, even back in those Jamie days, when we played UConn or Nova, those games were usually back in forth, it was always the Syracuse game were scores were lower (oh....of course with Pitt usually the team with more points).

Why isn't this held against them? Never heard a recruit not consider them? Then, and yinz know where I am going, no one is playing a 2-3 zone in the NBA. So why isn't Syracuse's style both on offense and defense used against them? I would love to recruit against Boeheim, I would be in top kids ears all of the time about this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News