ADVERTISEMENT

Spring game

No not for spring game. I think parking is available in the lots close to the stadium. There is a charge to park.

Heading down in the am, same spot under the west end bridge at my uncles tailgate. All are welcomed! We had some good turnouts last year.

I thought ACCN was going to televise the game on the TV channel, but all I find is the espn app via internet.

That’s okay, but I’m disappointed it’s not on TV this year.

Billy Gardell has to be related to Cignetti. The similarities between the two are amazing.

I wasn’t able to watch game. How was the rbs? Can somebody do an analysis please
Hammond looked quicker and showed some good speed on his KR TD. He will be a good #1.

Daniel Carter deserves more touches. He looked good. He looks to be trimmer.

D. Davis looked good out of the backfield in the passing game, C’Bo is solid, and Harvison shows signs of a talented young RB.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
I wasn’t able to watch game. How was the rbs? Can somebody do an analysis please
The ribs were smoked perfectly and the sauce was on point!

Wait...wut?? Really??? Oh...

the-simpsons-nevermind.gif

Reactions: BreakingPitt
The crazy disjointed format of this … how can it be called a game? …. Made it difficult to really evaluate much. The stop start stop start stop start stop, figure out the points, how’d did they go from 4 to 3 etc etc … made it detached from reality.

I prefer a real game format. Put the number 1 offense and #2 defense on the gold team. Put the number 1 defense and #2 offense on the blue team and play with regular football scoring.

Of course, I'm not the coach. If the coach thinks this format is the best for the team, I'm not going to 2nd guess him. I just enjoy it more when I know what's going on.

This format is, however, better than the previous one.

The crazy disjointed format of this … how can it be called a game? …. Made it difficult to really evaluate much. The stop start stop start stop start stop, figure out the points, how’d did they go from 4 to 3 etc etc … made it detached from reality.
You realize it is the final day of spring practice, right?

Fans are allowed to attend, but the purpose is to allow the coaches to make evaluations of players, not to entertain the fans who want to watch the final practice.

Whatever format the coach the coach wants to use to get the information he needs is the right one.

You realize it is the final day of spring practice, right?

Fans are allowed to attend, but the purpose is to allow the coaches to make evaluations of players, not to entertain the fans who want to watch the final practice.

Whatever format the coach the coach wants to use to get the information he needs is the right one.

For two hours on one single day among weeks and weeks and weeks of practices… when they invite customers in to the actual stadium to see a sneak peak of the product, in an effort to sell the product … they would be smarter to have a semblance of an actual game. It’s just better marketing.

For two hours on one single day among weeks and weeks and weeks of practices… when they invite customers in to the actual stadium to see a sneak peak of the product, in an effort to sell the product … they would be smarter to have a semblance of an actual game. It’s just better marketing.
I would bet “most” fans who attended understand they attended a practice event, and were happy to watch the team on a beautiful spring day.

RB looked to once again be a strength of the team. Mr. Special Sauce is spot on. I would add that Carter looked faster than I expected.

If you have access to Watch ESPN, it’s available as a replay.
Agreed. Hammond is obviously RB1, but C’bo and Davis had some nice runs. Tough to really evaluate Harvison but he looked okay too. Hopefully they can RS him with the other three getting carries along with Carter. I know it’s spring practice, but the QBs didn’t really look that sharp. Overall way too many procedure penalties.

I would bet “most” fans who attended understand they attended a practice event, and were happy to watch the team on a beautiful spring day.
No big deal. It’s contrived no matter what they do. A real game is not really practical either. But most people generally seem to agree that something closer to an actual game is better. Easier to get into for fans and gives the players more of a sense of reality. In the end the coaches should want to see how the players react in semi-realistic situations. But if this way leads to a championship then I’ll certainly eat crow.

I don't think that the spring game, at Pitt or anywhere else, is an effort to sell the product. Was there actually anyone there yesterday who isn't already "sold" on the product?

Those games aren't for the casual fan that you are trying to turn into a customer. Those games are something of a perk for the people who are already customers.

Reactions: pittbb80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT