ADVERTISEMENT

Stability and Support

DiehardPanther

Heisman Winner
Apr 26, 2017
Pitt has not had these 2 things for awhile, and that is the biggest obstacle to success. It is amazing that the same idiots keep repeating the same mistakes.

Pitt has not had these 2 things for awhile, and that is the biggest obstacle to success. It is amazing that the same idiots keep repeating the same mistakes.

Yeah as bad as it was today, it would be a huge mistake to fire Duzz at this point. Hes had two decent seasons and has NOT had a horrible loss till today and has had some BIG wins. Not sure you can say that for any coach in recent memory including the guys clamoring for DW.

This is a transition year for sure. They have an very young DL, dont have a good QB (gotta hope TMAC or PIcket work out next year), and are fairly young at LB and DB. PItt doesnt recruit at that high of a level where they can fill that many holes with young players. Add in that ONeil is adjusting to the LT position, JJS injury has really affected his level of play and even the OL is not as good as last year. THe losses along the DL, OL, and QB were Huge. Much like JD in hoops, Duzz's success will come from squads that are more experienced.

IF one of the two young QBs can develop over the course of the year, I think they can be pretty good next year. I also think recruiting has improved since Duzz arrived. Its hard to recruit when fan support is so weak

That said, I do think he needs to shake up the staff on the defensive side of the ball this off season and get some more help on the recruiting trail.

I like the guy and am willing to give him more time.

THe other point is...............do you really trust this admin to upgrade the position.........Can you say............Kevin stallings?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT