ADVERTISEMENT

Stallings Comments On Pitt Job and Life

I’m sorry but that is a horsesh!t criticism. He doesn’t communicate effectively because he lacks brevity in his answers? Come on.

The guy is thoughtful in his responses and I think he genuinely tries to avoid cliches and coachpeak.

Are Mike Tomlin’s answers not “circuitous”? How about Clint Hurdle? A “modern communication” criticism of the guy now? Good Lord, what’s next?

The constant negativity dumped on the guy is making me want to root for him to succeed out of spite toward the masses.
That is the way I feel.

Reactions: TD_istheman
Your obsession with Arizona State is more of a head scratcher than your Kithcart man love. Hurley comes from legendary coaching pedigree and ASU is one of the five easiest schools in America to recruit to. The fact that they’ve stunk for years is completely due to incompetence. Their meteoric rise is the exception and not the rule. This could not be easily replicated at Pitt or most other schools as you seem to think. His brother will end up with a job far superior to Pitt whenever he wants it. Rather than getting hot and bothered about ASU you should think about the possibility of Carr leading Pitt to glory in his junior and senior years. It might seem far fetched at this point but at least it makes some degree of sense. He’s everything you daydreamed, fantasized and convinced yourself that Kithcart would be.
I’m hearing his brother is very interested in the Pitt job and he doesn’t believe it’s a stepping stone.

That would be a complete 180 from the last go-round.

Did you people ever take "Reading Comprehension" during elementary school? There is NOTHING whatsoever in KS's response that is either provocative or whiny. But most of the hater's gonna hate. Find something in his words that was never intended.

And... it's perfectly possible to have loved Jamie Dixon and also see that he was NOT building the program very well during his last few years here. And he was incredibly tense and very obviously unhappy most of the time. It was probably time for a change.

Pitt's administration didn't do a very good job of selling the hire and there was reason to question aspects of it as pertains "how college sports sausage gets made". The agent and Barnes' relationship, et al. None of us knows yet if Stallings is going to be successful here, but I think it's impossible to say anyone - shy of a Calipari or Pitino - could be doing any better. This recruiting class has some nice players - probably better than most of the guys Jamie was bringing in the last few years.

Grow up and let things unfold.

Reactions: Fsgolfdr and gary2
Did you people ever take "Reading Comprehension" during elementary school? There is NOTHING whatsoever in KS's response that is either provocative or whiny. But most of the hater's gonna hate. Find something in his words that was never intended.

And... it's perfectly possible to have loved Jamie Dixon and also see that he was NOT building the program very well during his last few years here. And he was incredibly tense and very obviously unhappy most of the time. It was probably time for a change.

Pitt's administration didn't do a very good job of selling the hire and there was reason to question aspects of it as pertains "how college sports sausage gets made". The agent and Barnes' relationship, et al. None of us knows yet if Stallings is going to be successful here, but I think it's impossible to say anyone - shy of a Calipari or Pitino - could be doing any better. This recruiting class has some nice players - probably better than most of the guys Jamie was bringing in the last few years.

Grow up and let things unfold.

I think it is pretty clear he isn’t going to be successful here.

Pitt's administration didn't do a very good job of selling the hire

There is no amount of selling that the Pitt administration could have done that would have made the hiring any better. And the opposite is true as well. Kevin Stallings is not going to succeed or fail based on how well the Pitt administration can sell him, he's going to succeed or fail based on how well he coaches and how well he recruits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT