ADVERTISEMENT

Starting QB

Let Mason continue to start so when he plays horribly KP can come in and save it.

Mason should start. Why not, he has played the best this season. If he falters KP can give it a go, hopefully he will follow Mason's lead and prepare like a starter. I am not really understanding posters reluctance to play the hot hand, no question Rudolph has played better than the others in the past 4-5 weeks, without the luxury of reps with the 1's for an extended period of time.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Kenny vs Cincy without Canada
24/33 for 278 yards and a QBR of 97.8

Mason vs Cincy without Canada
17/27 for 290 yards and a QBR of 124.0

Both QBs excelled. The difference is the TD passes, one of which a WR dropped in the Kenny game.

If we played Cincy without Canada every week, our QB play would be solid.

But this is not to diminish Mason’s performance. I’ve been a staunch defender of his through the years.

you ride Mitch.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
If I had a nickel for every time an energized backup came in and took some chances the starter might not take, looked good in start #1, and won the game... I'd be filthy rich.

Yesterday's best argument against Rudolph may have happened on the other side of the field. These guys almost always come back down to Earth. Guys who have been backups for years usually aren't there by accident.

Maybe Mason played himself into the #2 spot next season, which would be an upgrade for him. But he should not be the starter next week, and he won't be.

If I had a nickel for every time an energized backup came in and took some chances the starter might not take, looked good in start #1, and won the game... I'd be filthy rich.

Yesterday's best argument against Rudolph may have happened on the other side of the field. These guys almost always come back down to Earth. Guys who have been backups for years usually aren't there by accident.

Maybe Mason played himself into the #2 spot next season, which would be an upgrade for him. But he should not be the starter next week, and he won't be.
Look no further than Browning. The first week it looked like he might be the next Scott Mitchell/Rob Johnson/Matt Flynn. After yesterday, not so much.

Look no further than Browning. The first week it looked like he might be the next Scott Mitchell/Rob Johnson/Matt Flynn. After yesterday, not so much.

Yeah, that's what I mean in my second paragraph. It's not common when some stud was just wasting away on the bench. These coaches see these guys a lot in practice. You might get a certain Renaissance out of some guys later in their careers (Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tommy Maddox to an extent, etc.), but I'll take my chances with the 26-year-old first round pick at this point, and I'm far from all in on Pickett.

I am as big of a Kenny fan as anyone and I dont think Rudolph is as good as he looked yesterday but with Kenny being injured and possibly being rusty, I dont think there's any question you ride the hot hand until he regresses back to the norm.

If anybody other than Rudolph starts next week, this isn’t a serious franchise.
At this point, I totally agree. his game yesterday was better than any game Kenny or Mitch has had since the beginning of 2022. That's 31 games, every game Kenny or Mitch has played for 31 weeks, was worse than this game. I've never thought that much of Rudolph, always felt he has bad pocket awareness, I only remember one bad example of that yesterday. If it was me, or a smart coach, instead of Tomlin, I'd start Rudolph the rest of the way to see if, yesterday was just a fluke. Can Kenny make all the throws Mason did yesterday? I don't know? Because he rarely cuts it loose to "protect the ball"... so start Rudolph the last 2 games, as an audition of sorts, off season cut Mitch. then sign or draft another guy (not named Dobbs), then open next preseason with no presumptive starter, Kenny doesn't deserve that, especially if Rudolph plays better than an average Kenny game the next two weeks, then have a wide-open competition for starting QB between Kenny, Mason and a vet and/or another draftee.

Thank Vegas for Rudolph's success yesterday as well an early Christmas 🎄 gift to stiller fans. WWE never fails to disappoint. Some of you never learn. H2P

Reactions: bschulter
I’m happy for Rudy. Fans and the organization. Crapped all over him. Seems like a good dude He had a really good game yesterday.

I think you have to start him for several reasons.

First he earned it with his play yesterday You should reward good play

Second you need to see if he can at least be a viable long term #2 and possibly rhe #1 qb. With the way qbs go down today the back up qb is almost as important as the starter

But let’s be real. He played against a bad defense. The OL gave him all day to throw the ball as he was rarely pressured. Need to see how he fares against a much better Seahawks team and the Ravens (assuming they need to play for something ).

I also think it’s good for KP who has not been healthy to sit out and watch and have some completion heading into next year

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Thank Vegas for Rudolph's success yesterday as well an early Christmas 🎄 gift to stiller fans. WWE never fails to disappoint. Some of you never learn. H2P
If it's fake, who's in on it? Out of hundreds of coaches, players and refs, why hasn't some disgruntled dude that got cut or fired spilled the beans?

Actually most of the books I know of needed Cincinnati slightly yesterday, although not a real big decision either way.

If it's fake, who's in on it? Out of hundreds of coaches, players and refs, why hasn't some disgruntled dude that got cut or fired spilled the beans?
Please don't insult my intelligence with this same BS. Players as well coaches have been caught betting etc. Wake up
All the way back in 1963 too

Reactions: bschulter
Please don't insult my intelligence with this same BS. Players as well coaches have been caught betting etc. Wake up
And? A few guys betting isn't what you're saying, you're claiming a huge insider conspiracy.

And? I few guys betting isn't what you're saying, you're claiming a huge insider conspiracy.
Get out of your tree u live in. Betting services sponsor the NFL. They take advantage of fools like yourself.

Get out of your tree u live in. Betting services sponsor the NFL. They take advantage of fools like yourself.
No they don't, I don't bet on anything, I did pay $50 for the season to be in a fantasy league though. But that's just for fun. My wife is the big gambler in the family, she likes to buy those scratch off tickets.

So they fix the entire league? How do they make sure nobody talks? It can't just be 1 or 2 people choreographing the entire season.

No they don't, I don't bet on anything, I did pay $50 for the season to be in a fantasy league though. But that's just for fun. My wife is the big gambler in the family, she likes to buy those scratch off tickets.

So they fix the entire league? How do they make sure nobody talks? It can't just be 1 or 2 people choreographing the entire season.
U have no clue and narrow minded. It's a billion $$$ industry. Yesterday also was the anniversary of Franco's trapping the ball. Go stillers

I'm assuming you meant Mason? Because riding Tribisky for the rest of of the season would be a fascinating conclusion to come to after the rest of the content of your post.
Thanks. Yeah. Mitch is history.

Mitch-a-palooza in Pittsburgh is over.

I’m happy for Rudy. Fans and the organization. Crapped all over him. Seems like a good dude He had a really good game yesterday.
We live in a world where some people don't think he's a good dude based on the ideology from his social media posts.

Reactions: pittbb80
Lest not lose sight of the fact that this season went off the rails over the last month. Starting Rudolph at least next week is the thing to do but even if they win out it’s not going to mean much.

Another thing, it would be bad for Kenny if he didn't deliver a way better game than his average game this year, he'd be under pressure to match the effort, throw for yards and TDs, and if he doesn't fans and media will be all over his ass, they won't care if Seattle has a better defense or anything like that.

I am as big of a Kenny fan as anyone and I dont think Rudolph is as good as he looked yesterday but with Kenny being injured and possibly being rusty, I dont think there's any question you ride the hot hand until he regresses back to the norm.
Problem is we don't have time for that. At this point Seattle is in the playoffs. Mason Rudolf is a decent person and I still remember him being accused of saying something racist to M. Garrett and getting bust in his head with a helmet. I'm glad he got redemption but I'm not sending him into Seattle to try to knock these guys out of the playoffs. Mason is not your franchise QB....this might be a good chance to find out if Kenny is.

Last edited:
Problem is why don't have time for that. At this point Seattle is in the playoffs. Mason Rudolf is a decent person and I still remember him being accused of saying something racist to M. Garrett and getting busy in his head with a helmet. I'm glad he got redemption but I'm not sending him into Seattle to try to knock these guys out of the playoffs. Mason is not your franchise QB....this might be a good chance to find out if Kenny is.
And if Kenny comes out and has seven 3&outs and throws for 150 yards and 0 TDs again? Rudolph is not that good, but so far Kenny also is not "your franchise QB"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT