ADVERTISEMENT

State of Nebraska Goes after the Big 10

Or the Big 10 can agree and tell Nebraska they will receive all conference revenue after taxes have been deducted.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
I really don't blame the big 10 and pac 12 for being upset. When 3 out of the 5 power conferences are only playing then it's a flawed system. The ncaa was weak to allow it to happen. IF the season is played in its entirety these schools have every right to bitch and complain. Suppose Pitt wasn't allowed to play but st penn was I'm sure most of you would be super pissed off. JMO

Reactions: moose121
I really don't blame the big 10 and pac 12 for being upset. When 3 out of the 5 power conferences are only playing then it's a flawed system. The ncaa was weak to allow it to happen. IF the season is played in its entirety these schools have every right to bitch and complain. Suppose Pitt wasn't allowed to play but st penn was I'm sure most of you would be super pissed off. JMO
Most likely we WOULD be pissed.... but it would save us from another 3-loss-minimum Pitt season.

No, they don't. They joined the B1G for big financial reasons and subjected themselves to the whim of the other members.

i look forward to the big 10 telling nebraska they can run right back to the big 12 if they want to carry on with this nonsense. "we can get kansas to win 4 games a year and at least they help us with bb."
And Nebraska didn't have the academic chops to join the Big Ten but the conference was willing to overlook it. Ignorance runs rampant in the Cornhole state, now perhaps the Big Ten can revisit their decision to admit the Huskers.

I'm sure the AG knows this but what's he going to do when the B1G lets him know they don't operate in Nebraska or that the B1G, on the advice of its attorneys, may ask for the "grant" money that the school received over the last few years be returned until this matter is settled.

I'm sure the AG knows this but what's he going to do when the B1G lets him know they don't operate in Nebraska or that the B1G, on the advice of its attorneys, may ask for the "grant" money that the school received over the last few years be returned until this matter is settled.

I would imagine that what he is going to do is to inform the Big Ten that if they don't think they operate in Nebraska that they are full on morons because they obviously do. And I would imagine that he would also tell them that since Nebraska received no "grant money" but rather their contractually obligated payments that they should expect a check in the mail in the amount of zero dollars and zero cents to cover the "grant".

And then I would guess that he would advise them that if they don't respond to his request that he would be seeing them in a courtroom. In Nebraska.

I wouldn't be mad at the other conferences I would be mad at mine. B10 teams are having practice right now. If they are practicing they can play. I understand if they feel the risk is to great but then just don't practice either.

I would imagine that what he is going to do is to inform the Big Ten that if they don't think they operate in Nebraska that they are full on morons because they obviously do. And I would imagine that he would also tell them that since Nebraska received no "grant money" but rather their contractually obligated payments that they should expect a check in the mail in the amount of zero dollars and zero cents to cover the "grant".

And then I would guess that he would advise them that if they don't respond to his request that he would be seeing them in a courtroom. In Nebraska.

The conference payouts are grants. The payouts work that way for tax reasons because the schools are also NP’s. And no, the B1G does not operate in Nebraska. The B1G’s benefactor does. That would be the university itself. Stands to reason that if the B1G isn’t operating legally in the state, the University probably can’t accept grants from it but the B1G may also choose to withhold funds so as not to risk further jeopardy.

It’s a slippery slope. You don’t want butt hurt state officials chasing NP’s in other states that they don’t like just because someone in their state got money from the NP. There are certain, high profile and controversial NP’s that wouldn’t want that.

Reactions: USN_Panther
1. They needed to follow whatever the bylaws said and/or at least taken an official vote

2. They should have allowed teams to play as independents.

The big will be playing soon. They can't stand sitting on the sidelines while other conferences are getting all the attention by playing.

What’s the best part of Lincoln which distinguishes it from any other college town?

Different strokes for different folks. There does not need to be any thing that distinguishes it from others if people like it. If you dont that is fine too.

I can't think of a single thing to attract one to visit Nebraska, it has to the be closest state there is to West Virginia.
You are being a coastal elite. I hunt on a friends ranch in North Central Nebraska and it is really amazing area.

Please kick Nebraska out of the BIG 10. Please. I’d love the drama.

Then again, them being miserable in a league forking over 50 mil plus to them a year is quite wonderful, too
They need to go back to the big 12 with Colorado. Neither fit with where they are.

find something on Rutgers and kick them out, too. Find something on PUS—never mind—didn’t hurt them a bit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT