ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers bring back giant Heinz bottles just one year after stadium name change

Probably an example of why Heinz should never have sold out. They will slowly be phased out of Pittsburgh, but I'm sure some execs made coin so that makes it ok!

Reactions: bwh05
  • Haha
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
How Heinz managed to let that get away is beyond me. The amount of name recognition they got for a relatively small amount of money was insane.

How Heinz managed to let that get away is beyond me. The amount of name recognition they got for a relatively small amount of money was insane.
Easy. The Rooneys love $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Just call it Stiller Stadium. Don’t care who funds the Rodney’s cash flow.

The article itself said that the naming rights bring 15X the revenue today than what Heinz was paying. Not a difficult thing to comprehend.

If Nutting picked up and moved the Pirates out of state, would yinzers still be loyal? Because that’s what Heinz did.

Yet when they go to grocery stores, they’re only buying Heinz ketchup out of provincial loyalty. Me, I buy what’s on sale, even if Heinz ketchup was still based here.

The article itself said that the naming rights bring 15X the revenue today than what Heinz was paying. Not a difficult thing to comprehend.

If Nutting picked up and moved the Pirates out of state, would yinzers still be loyal? Because that’s what Heinz did.

Yet when they go to grocery stores, they’re only buying Heinz ketchup out of provincial loyalty. Me, I buy what’s on sale, even if Heinz ketchup was still based here.

Heinz was paying 2.85 million per year. Are we to believe that Acrisure is paying $42 million per year for the naming rights?

Reactions: bwh05
Heinz was paying 2.85 million per year. Are we to believe that Acrisure is paying $42 million per year for the naming rights?
Guess it was a different article I’m thinking of. Still, the one in the OP said:

Acrisure is believed to pay over $10 million a year for the stadium naming rights - the deal runs for 15 years. Heinz previously paid $2.85 per year.

What would you do?

Guess it was a different article I’m thinking of. Still, the one in the OP said:

Acrisure is believed to pay over $10 million a year for the stadium naming rights - the deal runs for 15 years. Heinz previously paid $2.85 per year.

What would you do?

Depends on how much Heinz was offering, I guess. There has to be a value alone if keeping it called HF, instead of funneling Saudi money to the Steelers.

It doesn’t matter as it will always be referred to as Heinz Field. Same goes with the Carrier Dome and Rich Stadium. They essentially continue to get free advertising long after their naming rights expire.

Reactions: smcaninch88
Part of it is the obscure and clumsy Acrisure moniker that replaced it. It is far easier and more comfortable for yinzers to continue to call it Heinz. If it had been something like Alcoa Field replacing it, I think it would have gone smoother.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT