ADVERTISEMENT

Stinker of a second half

Need to let Fede go and go and get a few senior centers from A10 schools or the like. They are going to need the depth And maybe the guy would start.

Reactions: Faix87
Missing layups in the first half and having no inside presence were the difference.
The missed layups in the 1st half were big, we’ve never had any inside presence so I can’t point the finger at that.

But those missed layups, most of them were pretty easy bunnies too. We make those in the 1st half and we could have kept the halftime lead at or close to the 10-pt margin we had instead of letting it slip to only 4.

Reactions: Gep Dawg
You knew when Pitt was up 23-13 and 25-18 and both teams were cold during that 4-5 minute stretch and Pitt didn’t take advantage of it it was going to come back to bite them.

Yes, I noted that span as a probable cause of why we would lose. I knew that was my cashout window but I sat on my hands. My hope for them to not lose was too high.

Rough day for the ACC bubble bunch. Pitt losing again to Clemson and now 1-2 in last 3. Fading fast it would seem. Wake losing to ND. I knkw theyre bad away but wow. NCSU losing to FSU. Cuse continues to win games... Maybe they can sneak in?

I think if Pitt wins their remaining games and at least one in the ACC tournament they will have a great chance to make it in. Beating Clemson would have been great for the resume. But losing to them (or wake) on their floor doesn’t kill us either.

That being said…getting to 20 wins and NIT would be great for a team starting two freshmen and only 3 contributing players from last year. And I have a feeling everyone will come back next year which would make us a legitimate contender for conference championship and a decent seed in NCAAT

When I look at the bubble teams in this conference, even if I take my Homer glasses off, Pitt just feels like the most deserving. With the young guards and a guy in Hinson that can go nuclear, this is a team that, outside of the real heavyweights, can feasibly beat any of the teams in the field if we’re on. It’s a real shame if the OOC and general perception of the league bury the chance to see this team pick off a few wins in March

Get to 20 wins before the finale versus NC State. That’s a good first step and the chance to reach 23 wins after the ACC tourney is still there. If that lands Pitt in the play-in game again then it’s another successful season.

Need a big body inside but the staff has yet to find one in six years. With NIL it could be more difficult.

A functionally proficient big that would’ve allowed them to really play a 4 out/1 in style the last two years with Hinson has this team solidly in the top 25 and the bubble frustration is nonexistent

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT