ADVERTISEMENT

Stunned. Confused. Amazed. And most of all....

Agreed. Great win. But who poo poos free throw shooting?
Soufie. Anyways.....this I have to admit this win has me so happy because it is pure stealing. 1 three pointer. 21 turnovers. 2 Assists. It is absolutely everything you can't do to win. We should have been down by 20.

And we won. My god.

Reactions: Pittguy93
Soufie. Anyways.....this I have to admit this win has me so happy because it is pure stealing. 1 three pointer. 21 turnovers. 2 Assists. It is absolutely everything you can't do to win. We should have been down by 20.

And we won. My god.

I mean. Not really. But w/e.

I couldn't follow the game, but . . . is that stat sheet correct? Pitt played 40 minutes and had only three assists . . . and WON the game?

The bigs played great, the guards sucked, the rebounding was ok, the Champagnie seems to be our most consistent player,
Foul shooting awesome,
XJ won the game but almost lost the game as well.
Capel needs to get a grip on this offense and these guards.

The bigs played great, the guards sucked, the rebounding was ok, the Champagnie seems to be our most consistent player,
Foul shooting awesome,
Your next to last sentence is spot on. X won the game but almost lost it.

Reactions: Drew1208
Another point of note....Murphy. He wasn't that on in his shooting, but
he handled the ball mostly pretty well. This was especially true when
Johnson and Trey were giving us nothing out front with their ball handling.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
Another point of note....Murphy. He wasn't that on in his shooting, but
he handled the ball mostly pretty well. This was especially true when
Johnson and Trey were giving us nothing out front with their ball handling.

Given the way Murph has been shooting lately I wish they’d let him handle it a little bit more and run sets for X to shoot some jumpers. Will allow X to dribble it less.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
Given the way Murph has been shooting lately I wish they’d let him handle it a little bit more and run sets for X to shoot some jumpers. Will allow X to dribble it less.

X's jump shooting is suspect, but I hear what you're saying.
Actually none of our guards could get the team in sync and get
our offense going. We scored in some pretty crazy ways tonight.
Some of those shots X made were incredible.

X's jump shooting is suspect, but I hear what you're saying.
Actually none of our guards could get the team in sync and get
our offense going. We scored in some pretty crazy ways tonight.
Some of those shots X made were incredible.
Murph slowed the team down bringing the ball up late, but yeah ksu really focused on pressuring X and trey to force mistakes.

Foul shooting awesome,
Its a work in progress. It was nice to have two tin cans coming into this game, HCJC clearly had the zone defense ready to go. Still figuring out how to use murphy w x and trey, but murphy was very assertive on the court and between plays last night.

Its a work in progress. It was nice to have two tin cans coming into this game, HCJC clearly had the zone defense ready to go. Still figuring out how to use murphy w x and trey, but murphy was very assertive on the court and between plays last night.
Yes huge work in progress. They need trust.
Trust and movement. Also X needs to trust his shot. There is nothing suggesting so far that it's off.
He's at a good %. I'd take a shot over a TO all day.
Trey's 1 pull up shot was awesome yesterday.
I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
I guess it's up to Capel to ingrain, trust, maturity, control.
Also when teams overplay the passing lanes you got to threaten back door cuts more.
But great to see a positive game from the big guys.
That's the silver lining here.

Good point about the zone. Nice move by HCJC going to it and the team executing it. Stymied KSU some and also helped Pitt to be able to play through all of the early foul trouble. Pitt actually defensive rebounded pretty well out of the zone, too. That's often one of the problems because of the lack of specific box out responsibilities when playing zone.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT