ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday

Matt Steinbrink

Head Coach
Gold Member
Nov 6, 2002
Not much new today. Wish I had more, but things have been fairly quiet today. Could have basically copy and pasted the update from last night.

I heard several different stories today, just slightly different variations. One of them was that contract details were being worked on. That is not the case, but we are winding down it seems.

This is a two man race right now. If something were to fall through, then it is a completely new game. I think there is a good chance that things are finalized for both of these candidates within the next 48-96 hours. With these searches, they are all different as far as the timing. It can days for things to come together, and sometimes it is a matter of hours and the news sneaks up on you.

I would be very surprised if anything happens tomorrow, or even Tuesday. Depending on what else I hear, it could be Wednesday or later in the week.

Lyke has gone MIA for a lot of people right now. Things are very quiet and there are very few people that have any idea of exactly what is going on.

Just a random thought, but I know the local recruiting is shared as a drawback for this job. It can be, but there are two top 50 kids in the 2019 class in Ethan Morton and Oscar. I think either of the top two could get both.

Tomorrow should provide some clarity as to where we are at in the process. Things seemed to be progressing with one of the two. Just have to track that and make sure the momentum is still there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News