ADVERTISEMENT

Sure the Refs Sucked

TJOlsen

Walk-on
Sep 13, 2017
They really did....helped keep NC State drives alive of completely botched calls...but this loss isn’t all on them.

Can’t punch the ball in on the 1 yard line with 4 downs and takes an easy FG off the board.

Dropping a 2 point conversion open as the ball hits Mack in the hands.

Turned 2nd and 3rd and long plays into manageable and short yardage situations by jumping offsides.

Our run packages are far to easy to sniff out where defenses can stack the box and send 6 or 7 guys.

Sure, absolutely every week you can’t play a perfect game and we certainly did not.

But it’s a really bad officiating game. Reminds me of a few years back against them and against Louisville

Reactions: MalvernPanther
Sure, absolutely every week you can’t play a perfect game and we certainly did not.

But it’s a really bad officiating game. Reminds me of a few years back against them and against Louisville

Yes the refereeing was lopsided today, but that's not why we lost. The game game came down to three plays. The play calls at the one yard line on 3rd down (a pass) and 4th down (A run up the middle with Davis). Terrible calls. I'm going wildcat on both plays. We ended up with no points.

And the third play was the drop on the two point conversion.

Yes the refereeing was lopsided today, but that's not why we lost. The game game came down to three plays. The play calls at the one yard line on 3rd down (a pass) and 4th down (A run up the middle with Davis). Terrible calls. I'm going wildcat on both plays. We ended up with no points.

It’s as silly to say what you said as it is the day the refs cost us. I mean give me a break. Again, the things you say happen often. All things being equal refs giving the other team 9 first downs is crazy

Thats the second week in a row we have been far from perfect. Hard to win when you consistently shoot yourself in the foot and nearly impossible when you also have the officiating crew blowing calls left and right.

Reactions: blk902
It’s as silly to say what you said as it is the day the refs cost us. I mean give me a break. Again, the things you say happen often. All things being equal refs giving the other team 9 first downs is crazy

They had 11 penalties as well, shaky officiating isn’t always one-sided.

Reactions: Rican Wolf

If we convert on those plays, we still win in spite of the refs. You can only control what you do, not what the refs do.

Last edited:

4th and nine on final drive and they converted. With no aid of the refs. Against a supposed elite defense. That was the ballgame

Reactions: pittmeister
Wrong. The officiating is ABSOLUTELY why we lost today
A third offense, a third defense and a third special teams. Right?
The other third is officiating —fairly.
There were plays in the secondary Where we were recalled for holding or interference that were ignored in the second half — same Or more obvious violations for NC State. That’s a fact

Wrong. The officiating is ABSOLUTELY why we lost today
A third offense, a third defense and a third special teams. Right?
The other third is officiating —fairly.
There were plays in the secondary Where we were recalled for holding or interference that were ignored in the second half — same Or more obvious violations for NC State. That’s a fact

I think what some of us are saying is yeah the refs were bad. No doubt about it. It was probably the worst I've seen since the 2007 Backyard Brawl. Your point is well made. But let's just say that's not the only reason...

If Mack catches the two-point conversion and we had better play calls on 3rd and 4th down near the goal, we would have still won. Last year we made those plays in close victories against NC, UCF and Duke. Today we didn't make them. You can only control what you can control. If we have to depend on these ACC refs to call a perfect game without any bias, then we are in big trouble...

If we convert on those plays, we still win in spite of the refs. You can only control what you do, not what the refs do.
Yeah, and if the refs don’t make the horrible calls we still win. Hey, if NCst made more plays they would still win, and wow, if we had some 80 yard touchdown plays we would still win.
Again, at the end of the day we should have won if not for the bad calls

The multiple offsides penalties were not on the refs. And when you have a reputation of being undisciplined and getting penalties, the prophecy self-fulfills.

Wildcat or fullback pushes Pickett forward into the end zone,which worked later in the game.

Reactions: pittmeister
Boston College just recovered an onside kick (their man came out of the pile up with the ball) and those ACC referees awarded the possession to North Carolina. No explanation necessary. #goodoleboys

Reactions: Upg bobcat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT