ADVERTISEMENT

Suriano

thom67

Senior
Jul 4, 2001
The Big 10 has ruled Suriano eligible to compete this year for Rutgers. That will hurt PSU big time because they have no one to take his spot at 126. He would have been a pretty sure bet to make the finals this year. PSU will probably still win NCAA's without too much trouble, but if there are injuries etc. things could get interesting.

I have to assume that every school other than PSU voted to allow him to wrestle this year, because PSU said publicly they opposed the waiver.

PSU has no one decent to replace him at 125. They also have new wrestlers at 133 and 141. But, from 149 up, as I said in another thread, they are dynamite.

Still, I can think of a scenario where tOSU could beat them for the NCAA title. They could potentially win at 125 and 141. And they could score big points at 133. PSU won't qualify anyone at 125 and perhaps won't qualify anyone at 133. (They didn't last year at 133.) Two of the five champs PSU had last year didn't win the Big 10 tourney last season and were upset winners in the NCAAs. Snyder from tOSU could beat one of them. Martinez from Illinois could return to his 2016 form. I dont think Campbell can beat Bo in this universe, but he could score better than tOSU did last year. So tOSU could have a decent lead going into the upper three weight classes. And, PSU won't be favored at Hwt.

By the way, per Intermat, NC State has 6 2018 verbals, all among the top 100 nationally; UNC has two top 100 recruits; and UVA also has two. Do we have any 2018 verbals?

I see Keith is reverting to the Rande philosophy on announcing recruits: The SID has not released a list of the 2017 signees and the official website doesn't have any of them (or Stout) listed on the roster.

By the way, per Intermat, NC State has 6 2018 verbals, all among the top 100 nationally; UNC has two top 100 recruits; and UVA also has two. Do we have any 2018 verbals?

I see Keith is reverting to the Rande philosophy on announcing recruits: The SID has not released a list of the 2017 signees and the official website doesn't have any of them (or Stout) listed on the roster.

You are to funny
You talk out of your back end
If you go on the Pittsburgh wrestling site all recruits are listed even stout
For someone who cares so much about wrestling or acts so knowledgeable, why don't you do something about it and support the program or disappear ! There is a lot of people here that are trying to make a difference not continuing to try to bring this program done, PSU may have a forum for you to join, and I take it personally that anyone here brings up rande in a negative way
Thanks
Mundo

Reactions: mdpittalum

You are to funny
For someone who cares so much about wrestling or acts so knowledgeable, why don't you do something about it and support the program or disappear ! There is a lot of people here that are trying to make a difference not continuing to try to bring this program done, PSU may have a forum for you to join, and I take it personally that anyone here brings up rande in a negative way
Thanks
Mundo

Mundo, you're wasting your time with this guy. Logic doesn't prevail here. Doesn't matter the sport. He only sees things one way, that's negatively. Guys like this never write a check unless there is something in it for them. Best to hit ignore and never see his posts again.

Mundo, you're wasting your time with this guy. Logic doesn't prevail here. Doesn't matter the sport. He only sees things one way, that's negatively. Guys like this never write a check unless there is something in it for them. Best to hit ignore and never see his posts again.

Nish thanks for your support of the Program and just as much thanks for the tip on the Ignore option. It's much easier than having to scroll past this guys endless negative posts

Reactions: BApanther
I have to assume that every school other than PSU voted to allow him to wrestle this year, because PSU said publicly they opposed the waiver.

PSU has no one decent to replace him at 125. They also have new wrestlers at 133 and 141. But, from 149 up, as I said in another thread, they are dynamite.

Still, I can think of a scenario where tOSU could beat them for the NCAA title. They could potentially win at 125 and 141. And they could score big points at 133. PSU won't qualify anyone at 125 and perhaps won't qualify anyone at 133. (They didn't last year at 133.) Two of the five champs PSU had last year didn't win the Big 10 tourney last season and were upset winners in the NCAAs. Snyder from tOSU could beat one of them. Martinez from Illinois could return to his 2016 form. I dont think Campbell can beat Bo in this universe, but he could score better than tOSU did last year. So tOSU could have a decent lead going into the upper three weight classes. And, PSU won't be favored at Hwt.
Courtez who was injured last year will be back at 133. He was ranked #13 at 133 prior to getting hurt. If he is healthy he should be able to compete and earn points at nationals. He is a veteran wrestler.

You are to funny
Thanks
Mundo

As a matter of fact, I had a talk with EJ about this. They updated the website page but didn't update the Pitt app for iPhone, which is what I use. He said they are trying to correct the problem. Right now the app doesn't do automatic updates. You have to delete it and then download it again to get more current rosters.

And if you don't think Rande hurt the wrestling program in his last decade here, then you know nothing about Pitt wrestling. Prior to that he was fine, but he waited ten years too long to retire. And we haven't recovered yet.

I have never rooted for PSU in any sporting event. Ever. That is why I would love to see tOSU beat them this year. Is thom67 a closet PSU fan too because he posted that they are loaded and will win the NCAAs without Suriano? That is reality. We aren't in their league. That also is reality.

As for writing checks to the University, I propose the following: We both have the amounts we have donated verified. If I haven't given more than you, I will write a check for the difference. And vice versa. If you want to take me up on that, just say so. Otherwise just take your vile mouth and leave for good asswipe.

And if you don't think Rande hurt the wrestling program in his last decade here, then you know nothing about Pitt wrestling. Prior to that he was fine, but he waited ten years too long to retire. And we haven't recovered yet.

Otherwise just take your vile mouth and leave for good asswipe.

Wait - you mean all the years that he won conference titles??

And once again - showing your class....

Reactions: mdpittalum
Winning the conference title in that conference meant nothing. The NCAAs is what counts. He had one NCAA champion and no top ten finishes in his last decade. I don't think he even had a top 15 finish. And he didn't win it every year. Edinboro won it as often as Pitt and WVU won it twice. Edinboro also had top ten finishes in the NCAAs and at least 2 NCAA champions. I don't know if WVU had any top ten finishes, but they had one multiple title NCAA champion.

Winning the conference title in that conference meant nothing. The NCAAs is what counts. He had one NCAA champion and no top ten finishes in his last decade. I don't think he even had a top 15 finish. And he didn't win it every year. Edinboro won it as often as Pitt and WVU won it twice. Edinboro also had top ten finishes in the NCAAs and at least 2 NCAA champions. I don't know if WVU had any top ten finishes, but they had one multiple title NCAA champion.

Finished 15th at NCAAs in both 2012 & 2013, which were the best finishes since Santoro wrestled.

Pitt hasn't finished in the top 10 since 1970.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT