ADVERTISEMENT

Talent Readout/Breakdown

mrmedoes

Scholarship
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2011
Gibsonia via Penn Hills
(Assuming that you're going to see a change of some significance on the offensive side of the coaching staff)

I was thinking/wondering if there's a process/procedure where you get some degree of assessment of your roster talent from outside in advance of that to assist a new staff coming in, but also preparation for the group that works the portal as you may not have everyone in place of the openings. I cannot see a situation where you'd look at the prior staff's ratings as your base point.

My thought/question started with QB, likely your most significant risk of change, but also where OC style and preferences can play a huge role. With CV and Nate being generally pretty similar players, it's likely not as big of a challenge as it would be if you had a backup dual-threat kind of guy, but you also have transfer risk out of both and probably need to quickly "pick a side" while trying to keep both.

I'm not sure that it's something that ever gets shared publicly, and I'm sure it's pretty behind the scenes (and may be a standard operating procedure), but it also could be one heck of a "read the tea leaves" type thing relative to incoming change.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News