ADVERTISEMENT

Tarps

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
If anyone wants to see what tarps in stadiums look like, turn on NBCSN right now.
The entire stadium is tarpped.

I'm watching the Coppa Italia Final right now on ESPN and their stands look better than the tarp.

I'm hearing that it's CGI graphics or something like that.

I'm watching the Coppa Italia Final right now on ESPN and their stands look better than the tarp.

I'm hearing that it's CGI graphics or something like that.

That’s wild. Looks good from what I can tell.

the premier league had the crowd noise pumped into the tv broadcast. It was ok but I felt a little too much.

the premier league had the crowd noise pumped into the tv broadcast.

Fun fact (OK, maybe it's not all that fun). The Premier League is using the crowd noise from the FIFA20 video game. They are literally pumping video game sounds over the speakers, rather than using some sort of recordings of their own actual crowds.

I find the crowd noise being pumped over the speakers to be ridiculous. The Bundesliga is doing it too, and it is just so ridiculous when you can simultaneously hear "the crowd" going wild while you can see that the stands are empty. A couple weeks ago Paderborn was hosting someone, I forget who it was off the top of my head. Dude for Paderborn takes a shot from about 15 yards out, right in the center of the field. He shoots it literally 15 yards wide of the goal. The "crowd" was all excited and cheering wildly, and it was so ridiculous because a guy missing a shot from where he did by as much as he did would have had the home crowd jeering at him, not cheering him on.

Not really.

Sitcoms do it all the time.

Just show the game with crowd noise and not show the stands.

Also time to "Tarp" Heinz Field down to 50,000.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
First off, thank you for starting the annual June tarp thread. The nod towards normalcy is refreshing. Only other thing we’re missing are the Pirate fanboy apologists in a baseball thread.

Not sure if anyone ever had the misfortune of sitting close to a speaker at Heinz during a Steeler game. They pump crowd noise through those to get the crowd going sometimes.

First off, thank you for starting the annual June tarp thread. The nod towards normalcy is refreshing. Only other thing we’re missing are the Pirate fanboy apologists in a baseball thread.

Not sure if anyone ever had the misfortune of sitting close to a speaker at Heinz during a Steeler game. They pump crowd noise through those to get the crowd going sometimes.

Tarps instead of face masks. Everyone just get under the tarp!:eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: pittdan77
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT