ADVERTISEMENT

Teasdale

thom67

Senior
Jul 4, 2001
Gavin Teasdale has entered the transfer portal while out in Iowa. Would Pitt have any interest?

I thought he recently transferred to Iowa? If he did sounds like the kid might have some emotional issues going on. Maybe being closer to home would be good for him with emotional support from his family, not sure if Pitt would work for him since they never were a take for him either way.

Reactions: omega
He doesn’t have a spot to wrestle at he can’t make 25 and Mickey is at 33 41 would be a big jump for him

I thought he recently transferred to Iowa? If he did sounds like the kid might have some emotional issues going on. Maybe being closer to home would be good for him with emotional support from his family, not sure if Pitt would work for him since they never were a take for him either way.

I think Iowa was a horrible choice for him from the start. They are loaded from 125 to 141 with All-Americans. As far as Pitt goes if he wants to challenge for 141 I say bring him in. More competition the better.

He doesn’t have a spot to wrestle at he can’t make 25 and Mickey is at 33 41 would be a big jump for him

I am not sure 141 would necessary be too big for him. Reports out of Iowa are that he is a big 133.

Reactions: omega
If he can wrestle at 141 then that’s a no brained he just spent a year with lee and desanto and was the top recruit in the country that’s always worth a flyer

Reactions: omega and jctrack
The talent is obviously there but I would bet heavily that Cole would beat him. Gavin's results were not that inspiring last year. Speaking of Cole I am calling my shot that he will AA by the time his career is over

Teasdale May have to sit out a year since this will be his second transfer.

Teasdale has had some pretty well-documented problems. I hope he has his life in order, but I don’t see him being Gavin’s type. If I had to guess, I would think that WVU could be a landing spot. Flynn has taken chances on guys with a checkered past, and WVU is really close to Teasdale’s hometown.

Pass on Teasdale for me. I hope the kid can get things figured out for himself. I wouldnt be surprised to see him drop down a level

Reactions: BApanther
I do not think that Pitt is the school for him. I think Gavin should stick to his current plan. Best of luck to him though.

That’s the rumor from @MrPatMineo via Twitter. T is taking more visits but Edinboro is the strong favorite. I’m thinking limited options and less money. Hope he finds a landing spot and is healthy.

Ryno - that's a pretty benign prediction - the expectation is that he is a multi-time AA with the potential to be a high (3rd/4th) -very high (make it to finals) AA for us.

If he has it one AA by the time he graduates, I'd say that's a letdown

Of course, all of this is conditioned on COVID or some other pandemic or injury preventing him from 3 more shots at NCAAs.

I think Iowa was a horrible choice for him from the start. They are loaded from 125 to 141 with All-Americans. As far as Pitt goes if he wants to challenge for 141 I say bring him in. More competition the better.

I am not sure 141 would necessary be too big for him. Reports out of Iowa are that he is a big 133.
Reports out of Iowa are that Teasdale was a 125# er who could not compete with Lee. At one point it was thought by fans that Desanto would go up to 141 and Teasdale would go at 133. But as time went on at Iowa, Teasdale performed poorly in wrestling, continued to have substance issues, and recently there are reports of sexual abuse. His time at Iowa ended.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT