ADVERTISEMENT

Texas and ups

I only saw the last 7-8 minutes of this one. Wondering how Disu for TX was able to put up 20 shots from inside 15 feet, pull down 10 rebounds and somehow not get to the foul line once.

Jalen Pickett had 1 assist and 7 turnovers.

Horrible game for his final game. Love it.
Those aren't pretty stats, but I honestly think they would have had a better a chance of winning if their offense focused on Pickett getting to the hoop down the stretch, instead of the Bucknell transfer and Dread chucking a bunch of threes. I know those guys can hit it from deep, but Texas was getting easier shots in crunch time and was able to convert, whereas PSU couldn't.

Reactions: TIGER-PAUL
Painful to root for the likes of Texas, they are hardly clean by any means… but the mere mortal enemy of the immortal enemy is your friend, or something…

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Those aren't pretty stats, but I honestly think they would have had a better a chance of winning if their offense focused on Pickett getting to the hoop down the stretch, instead of the Bucknell transfer and Dread chucking a bunch of threes. I know those guys can hit it from deep, but Texas was getting easier shots in crunch time and was able to convert, whereas PSU couldn't.
I agree with you, PSU got the lead and instead of continuing to go to the hoop to maintain it, they started chucking up 3’s, none of which went in. They should have stuck with what was working.

Reactions: TIGER-PAUL
Beating a quality 2 seed Texas team would be just as satisfying as beating PSU. Losing to Texas - no shame there. But the thought of PSU beating Pitt to get to the Elite 8 is a horror of almost Scottie Reynolds proportions.

yep exactly. PSU would be extremely high risk/high reward game. It would be unbelievably satisfying to beat them to go to the elite 8, but the risk of losing and seeing those jokers in the elite 8 is too big a price to pay.

As it is, I would get some satisfaction in beating Marcus Carr. I know that is somewhat Tom Petty of me :)

yep exactly. PSU would be extremely high risk/high reward game. It would be unbelievably satisfying to beat them to go to the elite 8, but the risk of losing and seeing those jokers in the elite 8 is too big a price to pay.

As it is, I would get some satisfaction in beating Marcus Carr. I know that is somewhat Tom Petty of me :)
I sure would love us to win tomorrow and then follow it up with another against Texas but Marcus Carr would have zero to do with it. Why the angst against him?

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
I sure would love us to win tomorrow and then follow it up with another against Texas but Marcus Carr would have zero to do with it. Why the angst against him?

Because people forget it’s actually 18 year old’s lives we are talking about, and want everyone to be dedicated to bringing us back to glory.

Unfortunately, it was a clearly a situation that needed different leadership and multiple years.

Exactly. Those not living in the Pgh region wouldn’t get why this is, but we who do would bear the relentless onslaught of media eruption over their beating Pitt, both in verbal and underwear context. All the Fan d-Bags including their WVU clowns that would transfer their loyalties. The old fuucks like Cook and Stavran and Smizik and Micco crawling out of the grave to give their croaking huzzahs. Hell PSU would likely hold a special Thon to celebrate it. Unbearable.

Yeah, that strategy was a gaffe. But they’ve never been there before.

Exactly. Those not living in the Pgh region wouldn’t get why this is, but we who do would bear the relentless onslaught of media eruption over their beating Pitt, both in verbal and underwear context. All the Fan d-Bags including their WVU clowns that would transfer their loyalties. The old fuucks like Cook and Stavran and Smizik and Micco crawling out of the grave to give their croaking huzzahs. Hell PSU would likely hold a special Thon to celebrate it. Unbearable.
So true. If PSU won we would have to see highlight clips for the next 30 years as an iconic moment in the Pitt-Penn State rivalry. If Pitt won the local media would just yawn and say that’s what’s supposed to happen, Pitt is a basketball school and PSU a football. The articles would then turn to the Elite Eight being the ceiling for Pitt’s b-ball glory days while Paterno brought national championships home to Happy Valley.

So true. If PSU won we would have to see highlight clips for the next 30 years as an iconic moment in the Pitt-Penn State rivalry. If Pitt won the local media would just yawn and say that’s what’s supposed to happen, Pitt is a basketball school and PSU a football. The articles would then turn to the Elite Eight being the ceiling for Pitt’s b-ball glory days while Paterno brought national championships home to Happy Valley.
If we’d won it would be Penguins, Steelers FA, Steelers draft pick, Steelers wives fashion show, golf tournament, Pirates spring training, then “after the Thermo-Twin Window commercial break, NCAA tournament results”

Texas first sweet 16 since 2008. St penn with Crispin brothers last one was 2001 but Pittsburgh media won't call them out for that drought. F them x1000

Reactions: bschulter
Basketball and the other sports probably shouldn’t be tarred with the same brush as football, they haven’t had any such type of atrocities of the football program (that we know of anyway). But it’s the insufferable nature of general WE ARE Aryan supremacy that gets adopted by their cult for any random success. It truly is used as propaganda. And as the world has seen, it is very dangerous with that place. Unfortunately Pittsburgh falls lockstep in with the mindset.

So it’s really not vitriol with the athletes themselves at all. It’s The Cult itself that is the issue. It forces the need to root against anything they are associated with. The Nazis invented the autobahn, remember; they could do positive things. It was other … stuff … they did that was the problem with them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT