ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you University of Pittsburgh, Pitt Football and Pantherlair

Duneaux Harm

Sophomore
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2020
At the age of 59, my wife and I moved 2,100 miles from where we were both born and raised in Southwest PA. Blue and Gold has always been a part of my life since I can remember. Carson Long missing field goals still stings. Even trying to listen to Pitt football and basketball games on whichever Johnstown radio station might carry them in the late 60s and early 70s. The glory years of Tony and the National Championship. I still have the original SI that I received on Mountain Avenue after that win. Then to attend the greatest University ever and being a 1979 high school graduate and landing at Pitt the same time some kid from South Oakland named Danny something or other did as well. 33-3 for the first three years of my matriculation. Unbelievable.

My daughter was born on a day that Pitt beat Penn State and that has forever tied her into the Blue and Gold family.

I lived in Wild and Wonderful for a little more than three years but that was essentially Western PA South.

Moving west, I wondered whether the ties to the Blue and Gold would be as deep. I knew I would never or very rarely see the colors normally. But the strangest thing was that the bonds became deeper. It became much more of a life blood than I ever thought. I now represent the colors to this Western town and people have probably seen that Pitt shirt more often than they have in their lives before we came. My wife was not born with a Sports Fan DNA gene and even she has worn her blue and gold way more often than I would have expected.

I am proud of this University and its sports teams (even when it is tough on fandom) and glad for the Lair.

Thanks again from a very happy Panther regardless of last night.

On to Hoops and a long lead up to a great Football year again.

Hail to Pitt!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News