ADVERTISEMENT

The attendance issue and Narduzzi...

pittizit

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jul 5, 2001
another thing that he needs to do is be more accessible to the fans and alumni...as soon as he gets here 3 years ago he went to one banquet in Erie...then bagged the whole spring-summer tour...we had been doing these banquets since the late 70s and he bags them?...well I will tell you this didn’t play well with the marginal fans aside from the diehards at least in Erie where theewe are over 3000 alumni...he doesn’t want that to be a distraction ...is what he says...but then he claims attendance is noticed by the team...well... make your self approachable and not such a dud to the fans and maybe there would be a few more each game ..just my 2 cents

I posted the exact same thing in another thread. He has to sell the program. He needs to dial back the paranoia and condescension and be more accessible to fans, boosters and media.

Winning games can help sometimes, but in the case of Pitt, it won't help that much. We won a lot back in the 80's and attendance is what it is now....anemic except for games against PSU, WVU or ND.

This is on the AD, the Pitt administration and Narduzzi. Quit making excuses and do something productive to engage the fans. Look at financials. Look at promoting the team.

another thing that he needs to do is be more accessible to the fans and alumni...as soon as he gets here 3 years ago he went to one banquet in Erie...then bagged the whole spring-summer tour...we had been doing these banquets since the late 70s and he bags them?...well I will tell you this didn’t play well with the marginal fans aside from the diehards at least in Erie where theewe are over 3000 alumni...he doesn’t want that to be a distraction ...is what he says...but then he claims attendance is noticed by the team...well... make your self approachable and not such a dud to the fans and maybe there would be a few more each game ..just my 2 cents

I think he should do that but it won't sell many, if any more tickets.

Pitt needs to go 10-2 or 11-1 every year or almost every year to draw more than 45K for a non-brand name team. That's just reality. The casual yinzer simply does not care about Pitt vs Virginia or Duke.

Pitt needs to accept this and figure a way to right-size Heinz Field. Tarps or no tarps, 20K seats need to be taken from the inventory so people sit closer together

Winning games can help sometimes, but in the case of Pitt, it won't help that much. We won a lot back in the 80's and attendance is what it is now....anemic except for games against PSU, WVU or ND.

This is on the AD, the Pitt administration and Narduzzi. Quit making excuses and do something productive to engage the fans. Look at financials. Look at promoting the team.

I'm just curious, what would help in your opinion?

I think Pat is frustrated about the lack of fans but he has to win more the ad believes we need a smaller stadium and was throwing a trial balloon and Pat took it as a slap. Both parties need to cool off.

I think he should do that but it won't sell many, if any more tickets.
It might not sell many more tickets but it can help with donations. Giving potential donors a chance to meet coaches/administrators in person can help build relationships that can lead to future donations. Pitt has eliminated almost every opportunity to do that. Remember they also did not have a fan fest this year and have really limited access to practices as well.

WVU and PSU both do coaches caravans where they visit different parts of WV/PA. Pitt should do the same.

If Duzz is the coach , and he says no tarps , then there should be no tarps. To me that's a no brainer

NO!

He’s wrong. We can’t fill the ****ing stadium. How simple is that. By 15,000 seats. Improve the atmosphere and paint the seats gray.

Reactions: Ski11585
If Duzz is the coach , and he says no tarps , then there should be no tarps. To me that's a no brainer
Agree with this. I have a feeling he's fine with some and Lyke initially too extreme. Happy medium for all is simply tarping the upper deck end zone bleachers and nothing more. That knocks capacity down to just over/under 60K.

Reactions: TD_istheman
Let's go one step further. How about when we begged Narduzzi to come up to Erie when Conner was such a hot commodity AND an Erieite and they totally snubbed that suggestion. I can tell you that a lot of fans and alumni and non-alumni were really pissed, including the local media. Made no sense, but then again that seems to be his mantra with fans and press relations.

Let's go one step further. How about when we begged Narduzzi to come up to Erie when Conner was such a hot commodity AND an Erieite and they totally snubbed that suggestion. I can tell you that a lot of fans and alumni and non-alumni were really pissed, including the local media. Made no sense, but then again that seems to be his mantra with fans and press relations.

Maybe I read too much into this , he might have got hired and said, bad move , and has wanted out since but he has some class in his body unlike Graham. I bet he is looking right now , but he won't find anything yet that is much better than Pitt

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT