ADVERTISEMENT

The best thing about the VT game was

Farnox

Freshman
Aug 11, 2001
how well the defense played. Everyone is so fired up about not scoring at the end of the game that the nice defensive play has been forgotten. This young defense has gotten better as the season goes on and should be a foretaste of next year. Great individual effort by many players, especially Whitehead who was flying all over the field popping people. I really think that all of the doom and gloomers are going to be wrong about next year.

Agree, this team can be really good next season. 9 maybe 10 wins. We should have beaten VT,NC,Cuse that would have given us 7 this season. I'd say that's we win those games next season plus 2 more.

with the future in Kenny the wicked Pickett hands the future is bright. The same negative nabobs of negativity who are calling for Duzz to be canned will be worrying he will leave next December.

Reactions: caleco's
Unfortunately the two best players (Maddox and Whitehead) may be gone. Progress has been made though. There are still too many breakdowns in coverage, missed tackles and still not enough turnovers. This is still a bad defense but they are improving and young players are showing some promise.

Hamlin and Ford could very well replace Maddox and Whitehead and a few young kids in the secondary look very good. I still love Jackson despite some recent struggles.

Between Wirginis and Reynolds, I think Brightwell moves back outside where he could make more big plays. DT's can be very good with some consistency which comes with experience.

The DE's have obviously been a total failure this year. Keeping with the theme of the year, Hendrix has been agonizingly close to making plays. We are two missed Hendrix sacks from possibly winning against VT and Cuse. Weaver has looked good at times but needs to put on some good weight and/or get much stronger. He's only got a speed rush it seems and he's just not powerful enough to beat T's with a decent 1st step.

Agree, this team can be really good next season. 9 maybe 10 wins. We should have beaten VT,NC,Cuse that would have given us 7 this season. I'd say that's we win those games next season plus 2 more.
OK but every team in the country can say that every year and we've been saying that for 35 years. Every team on our schedule next year aside from Albany will have more talent then us. Talent is what turns close plays into highlights. I hope you're right though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT