ADVERTISEMENT

The DL

mike412

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Santa Monica, CA
I watched the game again, focusing on the DL. I honestly think that on running plays where the BC OL was trying to push the DL off the line of scrimmage, none of our DTs ever got any penetration. They simply got stood up and pushed back. Devin Danielson I don’t believe got across the LOS once.

On pass plays, the BC OL backed up like all teams do and very occasionally some DL were able to get penetration. Jules for one. The DEs, particularly Hayes, were effective. Danielson? It was like watching someone play in cement boots anchored at the LOS.

I am happy that he, Green and Bentley have used up their eligibility. Until I think that maybe the DTs behind them on the depth chart are even worse.

Yeah, and that becomes especially concerning when considering the top 3 cornerbacks are all done.

As bad as this year was... man, I'm trying to understand how the defense is going to be a strength next season.

I watched the game again, focusing on the DL. I honestly think that on running plays where the BC OL was trying to push the DL off the line of scrimmage, none of our DTs ever got any penetration. They simply got stood up and pushed back. Devin Danielson I don’t believe got across the LOS once.

On pass plays, the BC OL backed up like all teams do and very occasionally some DL were able to get penetration. Jules for one. The DEs, particularly Hayes, were effective. Danielson? It was like watching someone play in cement boots anchored at the LOS.

I am happy that he, Green and Bentley have used up their eligibility. Until I think that maybe the DTs behind them on the depth chart are even

Clearly a step down in defensive line talent and production. In addition to retooling the offense, the Pitt coaching staff will also need to fortify the Dline.

Reactions: WillyDavis33

I am happy that he, Green and Bentley have used up their eligibility. Until I think that maybe the DTs behind them on the depth chart are even worse.
Did Danielson even dress for the BC game?

In the Syracuse game the DL was nowhere to be found, a bunch of empty suits running around or by design

If you are going to trash a player, at least get your facts straight. Devin didn’t play. Mike needs to make a 10k donation to alliance 412 , for this post

Reactions: Tanat and gary2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT