ADVERTISEMENT

The DUZZ

88Pitt88

Freshman
Feb 12, 2016
I am not sure what the Duzz and staff are up to down in Oakland, but, I gotta tell you I love it! The recent momentum is carrying through to the class of 2021 with the committment of Johnson today. To actually hear local kids talk excitedly about the future of the program tells me that there is a genuine buzz about the program that Pat Narduzzi and staff have built. What Pat is selling is real, and the recruits are buying into the brotherhood atmosphere.

What is going on here almost came out of nowhere, considering last year's class and the team's poor finish. Coach Narduzzi and staff deserve much credit for the turn around and I think that this could be the real beginning of something special for Pitt football again.

Poor finish? They played in the ACC championship. The defense only gave up 14 pta in first half. What did Alabama’s defense give up in the first half

I was at the game and I was shocked to see the negativity on this board after. Pitt outplayed Clemson in the 2nd quarter. Pitt fans down there were all hyped up. It was 21-10 late in the 2nd with us getting the ball in the 2nd Half before Pickett's pick. It was a game until then. Pitt played them much better than Bama.

I was at the game and I was shocked to see the negativity on this board after. Pitt outplayed Clemson in the 2nd quarter. Pitt fans down there were all hyped up. It was 21-10 late in the 2nd with us getting the ball in the 2nd Half before Pickett's pick. It was a game until then. Pitt played them much better than Bama.
I can respect that view but if you happened to have dvr the actual broadcast of the game, including the commentary, give it a watch (and listen) and you'll get an idea why those who only could follow the game on tv were so discouraged. Pitt was continually referred to (when mentioned at all) in a combination of mockery and pity. And to be brutally honest we were certainly outclassed in the game and I'm not about to claim we weren't. We didn't deserve too many accolades. The difference was particularly magnified due to the vast chasm between their QB play and ours, which is gonna happen. But that kind of relentless negativity on the behalf of the broadcasters absolutely contributed to why posters were down. IMHO.

I can respect that view but if you happened to have dvr the actual broadcast of the game, including the commentary, give it a watch (and listen) and you'll get an idea why those who only could follow the game on tv were so discouraged. Pitt was continually referred to (when mentioned at all) in a combination of mockery and pity. And to be brutally honest we were certainly outclassed in the game and I'm not about to claim we weren't. We didn't deserve too many accolades. The difference was particularly magnified due to the vast chasm between their QB play and ours, which is gonna happen. But that kind of relentless negativity on the behalf of the broadcasters absolutely contributed to why posters were down. IMHO.

Anyone who watched that game and came away feeling that Pitt acquitted itself well in any phase of the game is delusional. It was an embarrassing showing by just about any measure, regardless of the fact that it was close for about half a quarter. The announcers were piling on but that simply reflected the sentiment of the rest of the country outside of a few Pitt fanboys. The first play of the game was a 75 yard TD run by Clemson, which contributed to the whole "Pitt has no business playing in this game" mentality of the average detached viewer.

As for the idea that we "played them better than Bama", that's idiotic. Clemson just ran the ball down our throats because they could; if conditions had permitted and they wanted to throw it they could've scored another 30 points. It was pouring rain, the field was a quagmire and slowed them down big time.

The things people post on this board......

Poor finish? They played in the ACC championship. The defense only gave up 14 pta in first half. What did Alabama’s defense give up in the first half
Please tell me that you are not comparing Pitt to Alabama?

Anyone who watched that game and came away feeling that Pitt acquitted itself well in any phase of the game is delusional. It was an embarrassing showing by just about any measure, regardless of the fact that it was close for about half a quarter. The announcers were piling on but that simply reflected the sentiment of the rest of the country outside of a few Pitt fanboys. The first play of the game was a 75 yard TD run by Clemson, which contributed to the whole "Pitt has no business playing in this game" mentality of the average detached viewer.

As for the idea that we "played them better than Bama", that's idiotic. Clemson just ran the ball down our throats because they could; if conditions had permitted and they wanted to throw it they could've scored another 30 points. It was pouring rain, the field was a quagmire and slowed them down big time.

Yeah, piling on is probably the best way to put it. Definitely was my general take too, as i mentioned, that we were outclassed. I think there were glimmers of decency in the second quarter, as the other poster mentioned. One solid possession we scrapped together, and we stopped the outright bleeding. But frankly most everyone pretty much had written the game off by then. It shouldn't be a tremendous surprise. I certainly wasn't shocked. But my point was that it wasn't an 81-0 evisceration yet the announcers piled on, as you said, as if it were. Any fan bombarded by 3 hours of that were not going to be inclined to post platitudes on the message board.

But my point was that it wasn't an 81-0 evisceration yet the announcers piled on, as you said, as if it were. Any fan bombarded by 3 hours of that were not going to be inclined to post platitudes on the message board.

Pitt managed 8 yards of passing in a primetime game that ended up being the third blowout of a 7 win season that ended with three straight losses. Not sure why any fan base would have the warm fuzzies about that.

I wouldn't disagree with any of that except calling it embarrassing. Clemson won their 9 ACC games by about 35 points each. They beat Notre Dame by 27. They beat the #1 team in the country by 4 touchdowns in the championship game. I think Pitt did about as well as was expected given the circumstances so it wasn't "embarrassing." Other than: 1) an idiotic INT on 3rd down from Pitt's own 20 with under a minute left in the half; and 2) the ridiculous delay of game penalties because our OC couldn't get the play to the field in time, the game only reflected the reality of Clemson and absolutely everyone else in college football.

I was at the game and had a sense of hope with it being 14-10 with Pitt is position to run the clock out in the 2nd quarter and then get the second half kick. The playcall to pass on third and forever, and the subsequent INT, is when things fell apart totally.

Our quarterback threw for 9 total yards in the game.

We
Were down a ton in the second half and were handing off because we were that inept offensively.

Every ounce of disdain and pity were well earned .
The game was never in doubt after the first Clemson play.

Reactions: PittFanDan17
This thread kinda got off track. The point is that Narduzzi nailed some great recruits over the past few weeks and that it is a nice surprise. I’ve liked Narduzzi from the start. He has great enthusiasm, cares about his players and the school. And he seems like he actually wants to be here. His players seem to love him. The question marks seemed to be him running his mouth, mediocre results on the field, and poor recruiting. Most of us were probably expecting a few lower tier three star guys with few to zero power 5 offers committing to us. But Narduzzi and the staff were able to get commits from guys with really impressive offer sheets. Respect where it’s due..

This thread kinda got off track. The point is that Narduzzi nailed some great recruits over the past few weeks and that it is a nice surprise. I’ve liked Narduzzi from the start. He has great enthusiasm, cares about his players and the school. And he seems like he actually wants to be here. His players seem to love him. The question marks seemed to be him running his mouth, mediocre results on the field, and poor recruiting. Most of us were probably expecting a few lower tier three star guys with few to zero power 5 offers committing to us. But Narduzzi and the staff were able to get commits from guys with really impressive offer sheets. Respect where it’s due..

Yes. Narduzzi has had a good month. Let's see how he finishes this class.

What comments are you referring to when you mention "him running his mouth" ??

This can absolutely be a turning point for the fortunes of Pitt football. I am convinced that he is the right man for the job. I love his personality and toughness that he brings and his interaction with the players is special. We are one breakout season away from really elevating this program to a new level. This recruiting class is a start, but, we just might be headed for a big season if the defense resembles anything like what I expect. I know AD Lyke is also 100% behind him, and it is time he makes a believer out of the remaining doubters!

The major problem with Pickett's pick was that there was a pass play of any sort called in the first place.. We were gonna run a hurry up offense and march down the field from deep in our own territory at that point??

Ridiculous.
You sit on the ball and go into halftime 21-10 with the 2nd half kickoff coming your way and the team is feeling pretty good about themselves, considering how the game started. So glad Watson is gone.

Reactions: FireballZ
What comments are you referring to when you mention "him running his mouth" ??

I didn’t really like his little jabs at Lamont Wade, it just came off as childish. Among a few other things. Not that big a deal, just that compounded with the other things I listed lowered his stock a bit around September/October of last year. I like what he’s doing and am glad Lyke extended his contract.

Defending your team is never childish! Wade dissed his home town team on more than 1 occasion and then wanted to transfer and was told thanks but no thanks.

I didn’t really like his little jabs at Lamont Wade, it just came off as childish. Among a few other things. Not that big a deal, just that compounded with the other things I listed lowered his stock a bit around September/October of last year. I like what he’s doing and am glad Lyke extended his contract.

I love the love showed by all the (so called) Pitt fans and posters.
You have a program that has played in 3 of the 4 championship games against a program on its third coach in 10 years.what did you guys expect ?
But being a real fan I loved watching the game and was hurt because we lost and not embarrassed.Yes you can compare to Bama because Clemson kicked both their asses and Pitt us .500 against them in that 3 years Bamaa is .500 in 44 years including a 30 point loss.
And before you say "it's the national championship game". A loss is a loss ask the Bama players if they feel any bet Dr than the Pitt pkayers after they both got their a$$es kicked.

But considering the directions of all 3 programs maybe Pitt fans should look at the glass as half full and not half empty.
Be a real fan !!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT