ADVERTISEMENT

The Fan....

WannyandWalt

Freshman
Oct 10, 2020
They all want to fire Sully this morning, not my argument, but they said, direct quote, IF YOU DONT WIN PLAYOFF GAMES AS A PITTSBURGH COACH IN THIS TOWN, YOU HAVE TO GO, and then the same guys drop to knees for Tomlin, found that very strange. Hmmmmm

Reactions: Dan1911
Sully has zero excuse getting bounced 3 straight years with a top 5 player all time still in his prime.

Tomlin has a great QB, but he isn't working with the best player to hit the ice since 66.

tenor.gif

I’m not big into firing coaches that have been there, done that….

Lots of teams have fired coaches that have taken them to Championships and then replaced them with coaches that haven’t done squat. Does that make sense? It happens all the time.

it comes down to players. Players have to perform. The roster is getting older and the time is now to move your blue chip aging veterans and get what you can for them. They should have done that at the end of last season.

Better to trade them a year earlier than a year too late…

Last edited:
Reactions: TheFormula
No coach is going to when when the goalie plays like crap.

Yes, agree , if the goal is to win playoff games in Pittsburgh, nothing else is acceptable, FAN says so, by all the coaches in this town, it should be that way for all of them , not hard to understand, at least for me.

No coach is going to when when the goalie plays like crap.
Totally agree. Jarry stunk.. In addition, Crosby and Malkin were shutdown. Hard to win when your goalie and your two big guns are not a factor in the series…

Yeah, I do.

You like to “suggest” people are racists,but don’t have the balls to actually do it.

It has gotten old, real old.
Ok. He’s suggesting Tomlin is given more latitude because he’s black. Just as you’ve done with Capel as compared to Stallings.

I’d suggest you and your ilk are balless and post things in such a way as to try and give you cover.

• Haha
Reactions: WeaverIsComing
Ok. He’s suggesting Tomlin is given more latitude because he’s black. Just as you’ve done with Capel as compared to Stallings.
For the board, interested in responses:

Does anyone think my railing about the disparate treatment given to Stallings and Capel has anything to do with one being white and one being black?

I can’t see how anyone can believe that if they actually read the case I have made.

is all criticism of black coaches “reflexively” and automatically racist? Maybe for some it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: WannyandWalt
Sully has zero excuse getting bounced 3 straight years with a top 5 player all time still in his prime.

Tomlin has a great QB, but he isn't working with the best player to hit the ice since 66.
This so called best player to hit the ice since 66 has scored three goals in his last 14 playoff games.

Does anyone think my railing about the disparate treatment given to Stallings and Capel has anything to do with one being white and one being black?

I can’t see how anyone can believe that if they actually read the case I have made.

is all criticism of black coaches “reflexively” and automatically racist? Maybe for some people it is.

I'm suggesting TOMLIN is overrated, just like I did Cowher, you virtual signaling assssss, that's for King, disgusting. My favorite Pirate of all time is Dave Parker , I applauded the Capel hiring , I was WRONG, you are a fool

is all criticism of black coaches “reflexively” and automatically racist? Maybe for some it is.

To answer your question , as he won't, yes it is, brainwashing has been going in a long time , where he sees this as reality, it's not

I'm suggesting TOMLIN is overrated, just like I did Cowher, you virtual signaling assssss, that's for King, disgusting. My favorite Pirate of all time is Dave Parker , I applauded the Capel hiring , I was WRONG, you are a fool

how is Tomlin overrated? can you give me an example of who overrates him? or what's said about him that makes him overrated? pointing out he hasn't had a losing season isn't overrating him.. that's a fact.

I assume this is not directed at me?

how is Tomlin overrated? can you give me an example of who overrates him? or what's said about him that makes him overrated? pointing out he hasn't had a losing season isn't overrating him.. that's a fact.

I feel he is , last 10 years speaks volumes, he and the team could use a change of scenery, HOF QB, past 17 years , very good team in a weak division for many of those years , 1 SB, just my opinion , I actually think Sully is the better coach in his sport. Duzz is white right???? I THINK HE STINKS , should have been let go 2 years ago, just my opinion

• Haha
I’m not in favor of getting rid of Tomlin but they have fallen short in the playoffs on the whole. Kinda reminds me of Dixon’s run at Pitt to some extent.

But again - getting rid of him comes with a lot of risk. Teams churn thru head coaches - not nearly enough good ones.

I feel he is , last 10 years speaks volumes, he and the team could use a change of scenery, HOF QB, past 17 years , very good team in a weak division for many of those years , 1 SB, just my opinion , I actually think Sully is the better coach in his sport. Duzz is white right???? I THINK HE STINKS , should have been let go 2 years ago, just my opinion

If you get 2 rings out of 1 QB in 17 years, that's pretty good if you ask me. The history of the sport would also indicate that's overachieving.

The division may be weak, but Baltimore won a SB during his tenure. He's also had the GOAT in the conference his entire career, besides this past year.

I'm not sure how he's overrated. Nobody is saying he's the best coach in football... most National writers don't have him as a top 5 coach right now. I can understand being disgruntled and wanting something different, but Mike Tomlin isn't overrated. He has a ring and has been to 2. Hasn't had a losing season. He's had a great run.. him coaching Duck Hodges and Mason Rudolph to 8 wins was arguably his greatest accomplishment. There aren't many coaches that could've done that.

Not sure what Duzzi being white has to do with anything.. hoping it's a typo on your end.

Get a new goalie and bring back as much as possible from this year's team. If next year is a first round exit or missed playoffs, fire Sully and shuffle the roster a bit. That team was playing at a very high level, and one guy totally crapped the bed. If you flipped goalies, the Penguins would have scored about 7 or 8 goals per game on Jarry. I 100% disagree with the idea of starting a rebuild. As long as Crosby is here, you try as hard as you can to win every year. There will be a few painful years at some point, why make them happen sooner than they need to?

I like coaches who don't let their players do tik tok dances while they're losing..and don't let players film postgame locker room speeches. I like players who don't have personal youtube channels. Tomlin has 3 playoff wins in 10 years. Sullivan won 9 playoff series in 6 years.

• Haha
Reactions: jtownknowitall
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT