ADVERTISEMENT

The future state of this offense...

Oct 25, 2021
QB - Seems pretty clear that next year's starter isn't on the team. I guess we'll just be dumpster divers every year. Seems a little less than ideal to have not recruited a started in SEVEN classes now (unless one of the last two guys turn the recruiting evals upside-down). Whatever.

RB - Hammond is fine but a prime candidate for transferring. Hope we can keep him. Seems like we have some good ones coming in. Should be fine.

TE - Even if Bartholomew does come back for year four (Seems like another transfer candidate), I'm not seeing anything behind him for next year and beyond. Cupboards seem bare.

WR - Um, we'll see. I liked last year's class. Not sure if it's concerning they're not getting on the field more yet or if it just doesn't matter when the QB is a malfunctioning jugs machine.

OL - This one stings the most. I thought we were fixed up front and it was going to be about as plug and play as any unit on the team. Until one single guard got hurt and we can't find a single guy, out of like a dozen, to fill that spot without sucking. Makes you wonder what exactly is behind Kradel, Zubovic, and Goncalves, who will all be gone.

Last edited:
Agree. Honestly if we keep Jurkovec as QB for another loss then I would be ok even for Narduzzi to go. If a guy can’t see the QB is far below average and has no thinking ability then it’s hopeless.

Narduzzi and staff should be fired if we have to watch Jurkovec one more game

OL - This one stings the most. I thought we were fixed up front and it was going to be about as plug and play as any unit on the team. Until one single guard got hurt and we can't find a single guy, out of like a dozen, to fill that spot without sucking. Makes you wonder what exactly is behind Kradel, Zubovic, and Goncalves, who will all be gone.
On paper Pitt seemed to be getting some better recruits along the offensive line. I know they have size, but I sure hope they can move and will develop quickly.

Agree. Honestly if we keep Jurkovec as QB for another loss then I would be ok even for Narduzzi to go. If a guy can’t see the QB is far below average and has no thinking ability then it’s hopeless.

Narduzzi and staff should be fired if we have to watch Jurkovec one more game
A few times the camera was on him he appeared to have that Paul Chryst stare - where he's thinking "where am I and what's going on."

A few times the camera was on him he appeared to have that Paul Chryst stare - where he's thinking "where am I and what's going on."
That’s a good comparison.

I get Narduzzi is the defense guy, and he does that very well, seriously, he does. But a good leader has to set standards and then hold his managers (OC) accountable for those standards. Also, needs to step in when things aren’t meeting standards (Mike Tomlin does this very well). Narduzzi is maybe too nice of a guy to his troops and they get away with substandard performance. He needs to reel this in.. and immediately

Reactions: Pitt grad and dad
I am sick of the defensive oriented head coaches! They think the main purpose of the offense should be to rest the defense and run out the clock, for once I'd like a HC who thought the purpose of offense was to SCORE FAST AND OFTEN, TDs and not FGs, and to be able to win track meets. I'd like for a change for Pitt and the Steelers to get an offensive guru running things.

I am sick of the defensive oriented head coaches! They think the main purpose of the offense should be to rest the defense and run out the clock, for once I'd like a HC who thought the purpose of offense was to SCORE FAST AND OFTEN, TDs and not FGs, and to be able to win track meets. I'd like for a change for Pitt and the Steelers to get an offensive guru running things.
Sully over at the “big paint can” — your guy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT