ADVERTISEMENT

The key is to not make this a "one off".

recruitsreadtheseboards

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2006
You guys are starting to scare me. But we have been here before. We have knocked off good teams, hell great team, only to lose our next game. We have never taken one of these wins and built something off of it. At this point in the season, this season is still so wide open and in front of us, this year we could really build something off of it.

We still have 8 games, 7 within conference. We have a chance to make it a 9-10 win season, a ranked season, a decent bowl game. But.......we haven't yet. We have rarely done this, in fact we haven't really done this since the glory days. It scares me, I see t-shirts made and all of this braggadocio, I hope the team doesn't feel like this.

Someone compared this year for us to 2016 for Penn State. And it very well could be. We should have beaten PSU at PSU, and now we have our big win at home, let's see if this catapults us. But man, we have only what, two 3 loss seasons or less over the last 30 years? So this program hasn't been real good at stringing together wins and good performances. I do admit, this team is better than I thought it would be...and that has come from having tremendous depth on defense and elevated play at QB. But there are still question marks, do we have enough playmakers. Can we overcome a bad day?

The big question is, will finally, we this win over UCF be another "one off" in another 7-5 type of season, or will it be a spearhead to a 9-3 type of season, one that really sets us up for a big 2020 where everything could come together.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News