ADVERTISEMENT

The kids are alright

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
They are freshmen. Its going to be a looooooong season. Still predicting 1-17 but I'm telling you if Stallings can just get 1 or 2 decent big guys somehow, this unit's future is pretty bright.

Carr has star potential. Stevenson is a warrior. Stewart is the shooter. Davis is the utility guy. People don't want to listen but I saw this early on. That's only 4 pieces and we need more but lets say you get a grad transfer big and Ellison makes big improvements, dare I say.......well, nevermind.

I really like these young guys. They play hard and play with energy.

Reactions: BOBURSO
They are freshmen. Its going to be a looooooong season. Still predicting 1-17 but I'm telling you if Stallings can just get 1 or 2 decent big guys somehow, this unit's future is pretty bright.

Carr has star potential. Stevenson is a warrior. Stewart is the shooter. Davis is the utility guy. People don't want to listen but I saw this early on. That's only 4 pieces and we need more but lets say you get a grad transfer big and Ellison makes big improvements, dare I say.......well, nevermind.

You have to see how this season plays out, and whether they keep getting better or not.

You have to see how this season plays out, and whether they keep getting better or not.

You have to but I dont. The most important months for these guys are March-November. How much do they improve in the offseason?

Eventually they’re gonna run out of gas ya know. Can’t expect all these true freshmen to play this long a season against men and not hit a wall.

Yea, I mean we are definitely going to lose to Towson in front of 1200 people and people will be saying these freshmen suck. They are NOT UK freshmen. Stuff like that is going to happen

Reactions: rymen03
Eventually they’re gonna run out of gas ya know. Can’t expect all these true freshmen to play this long a season against men and not hit a wall

This is kind of what happened in the second half tonight, if you consider how many shots were missed in the last 4:15 of the game.

This is kind of what happened in the second half tonight, if you consider how many shots were missed in the last 4:15 of the game.

I looked at the missed alley-oop to Stevenson as the turning point that put the final nail in the coffin. He could have had it down to 3, but misses and wvu comes down and bangs a 3 to make it 8.

Stallings has really good out of bounds set plays.

I looked at the missed alley-oop to Stevenson as the turning point that put the final nail in the coffin. He could have had it down to 3, but misses and wvu comes down and bangs a 3 to make it 8.

We missed a bunch of easy shots around the rim.

18 / 19 yr olds don't run out of gas . They play yr round everyday . They didn't wilt tonight , this game and future games against good opponents will make them better . There will be bumps along the way , but I liked what I saw tonight . I've said this before but the 4 freshman and if Brown develops are the best class Pitts seen in awhile .

-At 1-17 and a loss to Towson, we finish the season 7-24. That would be the worst record since the new ACC was formed. And Luther is gone, a 13 / 10 player. If you want to say 4 of our top 7 scorers are freshmen, ok.

-Bryce Golden and whoever we else we pick up better be major impact players from day 1, or next season could be worse if these guys dont improve. And if Pitt goes back to back 7 win seasons or less and Stallings isnt fired at that point, Im completely done with Pitt basketball for the future.

-Ill be fair and see how the rest of the season shapes out. I think the benchmark should be 11 wins. 7 wins this year without better recruits and Luther gone with no improvement, expect more of the same.

-For now Id say we have 2 future pieces. Carr and Stevenson. Parker and Davis still need to grow, maybe they will, maybe they wont. To have a real team, you need at least 6 or 7 pieces.

-But at least we didnt lay down tonight and now have been competitive against 2 decent teams in WV and Ok. State, so not all is lost, yet. Back to back 7 win seasons if that is what happens, and Stallings isnt gone by then, crickets in the future.

18 / 19 yr olds don't run out of gas . They play yr round everyday . They didn't wilt tonight , this game and future games against good opponents will make them better . There will be bumps along the way , but I liked what I saw tonight . I've said this before but the 4 freshman and if Brown develops are the best class Pitts seen in awhile .

Best in awhile that's for sure.

It is mostly a mental toughness/focus that is learned. The intensity of the game for 40 minutes, particularly in a rivalry, but also on the road or vs top 10 talent takes some adjustment for sure.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
I’d he stays at Pitt Carr is going to be really good.

Don’t know about the rest but I hope for the best.

I’d he stays at Pitt Carr is going to be really good.

Don’t know about the rest but I hope for the best.

I was speaking with someone today who thought I brought forth the idea that Carr might not stay at Pitt. I assured him that was not me (I've never heard anything at all to this end).

Are you posting pure speculation here, or are you repeating information?

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
Another big is desperately needed, but Stevenson is going to be a good rebounder amongst other things. Carr may very well be one of the ACC's best point guards in a year or two. Stewart likely is the shooting 2 guard we've missed for so many years. Maybe brown can be that other big? Don't forget Malik ellison is eligible next season also.

I'm dead serious though, Marcus Carr is just flat out something else. Comes through with a big 4 point play last night. Had a few games this year where he seemed to start the turnover train, really handled the press well last night as did the rest of the team. Great free throw shooter, great playmaker, good shooter, he can dish the rock, if the team around him were really complete I think everyone would notice just how good he really is already.

;);)

Come see me when you hurt your shoulder after patting yourself on the back so much.

I thought the prayer layup Sag put up on the offensive rebound when we had it down to 2 points was the momentum stopper. Sag also helped fuel the early run that gave the hoopies the big first half lead. Too bad he wasn't good enough to play at Pitt.

Reactions: Sarge25 and Fk_Pitt
I thought the prayer layup Sag put up on the offensive rebound when we had it down to 2 points was the momentum stopper. Sag also helped fuel the early run that gave the hoopies the big first half lead. Too bad he wasn't good enough to play at Pitt.
At least in JDs eyes !

Yeah. make sure nobody goes off the reservation and says anything positive about our program. It's OK to bash it for months before they even played a game. But don't say anything nice till the season is over.
I do not go around bashing the program. You have the wrong guy.

Win 10 or more games, the teams keeps developing and playing hard, and bring in a couple more good recruits. That has been my benchmark all year. It has not moved.

Win 10 or more games, the teams keeps developing and playing hard, and bring in a couple more good recruits. That has been my benchmark all year. It has not moved.

So 10 is your mark? They have 5 and delaware st and mcnees state are 2 confidence builders. These are talented kids and winning 6/7 with your only loss being the wvu game could be huge for their progression. I can see them beating townson for 8. GaTech and Wake look to be terrible, and i’ll even say that Syracusw is beatable if Pitt has a good shooting night. JWF and Stewart could be huge against a 2-3 zone team as we may be able to rebound that game also, so I say they split. BC and Clemson I know nothing about other than BC had a great upset yeaterday. This team if they continue the effort can win 11 in the regular season and hopefully 1 in the ACC tourney.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Eventually they’re gonna run out of gas ya know. Can’t expect all these true freshmen to play this long a season against men and not hit a wall.
I was thinking the same thing but I really liked how aggressive they were last night.

Talking about the fans in general who always gleen the nagative out of every situation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT