ADVERTISEMENT

The last time Pitt beat Clemson

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001

Its incredible that its been 10 years considering they haven't been all that good during that time. I wouldn’t be surprised if every other Pitt sports team has beaten every other ACC team during this timeframe. A 10 year drought against a middle of the pack program like Clemson is inexcusable. And most of the games look the same. They usually hit 8 of their 1st 10 3s and blow us out early. That wasnt the case last time though.

I was there. That clip doesn't show the whole sequence. Pitt was down by 5 with 4 seconds left, when Patterson made a three. with 3 seconds left. The clip was the ensuing in-bounds play.

Last edited:
I was there. That clip doesn't show the whole sequence. Pitt was down by 5 with 4 seconds left, when Patterson made a three. with 3 seconds left. The clip was the ensuing in-bounds play.

Yea, I was going to say that. Patterson hit a corner 3 when the game appeared over. Even when he hit it, it felt like too little too late. I meant this for the basketball board.

Man, I really did enjoy that team. I really thought they were better than the Round of 32; just a bad draw being a 9 seed and getting Florida… and imagine if Steven Adams came back for his sophomore season!

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
It’s pretty incredible that we’ve beaten Clemson more in football than men’s basketball since joining the ACC… who would’ve thunk it!

I think we swept them in basketball that first year, but definitely as a winning % we've done way better against them in football.

We finally got over that NC State hump...

super-mario-mushroom-toad-goomba-squish-halkg3nnxfjwzei6.gif

And then Clemson was just like...

mario-strikers-battle-league-bowser.gif

Man, I really did enjoy that team. I really thought they were better than the Round of 32; just a bad draw being a 9 seed and getting Florida… and imagine if Steven Adams came back for his sophomore season!

I remember that team had a bad RPI but they and Florida had excellent BPIs (similar to NET). Like 16 or 17 in BPI. If they were using NET back then, I think we would have been a 5 seed. Instead, we got an 8/9.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT