ADVERTISEMENT

The Miami/GT ending: Did the GT player slide into endzone too early?

i think if you give them the spot where butt hits ground then you HAVE TO allow a defender to hit him up until that point.

you just cant tell defenders that they are helpless the second they start the process and you cant touch them at the same time giving them the spot where they hit. that just doesnt make sense.

then you have defenders teeing off on a qb who's in mid slide. which would be great from an entertainment perspective but again, you'd have dudes going off on stretchers every week.

Can I ask you a question? What is the difference between a regular ball carrier being tackled and a sliding QB being hit? The rule was the way it was for 100 years and there were no serious injuries that I can remember. A sliding QB has an opportunity to protect himself during the slide and if he is that afraid of getting it, just fall over and dont slide.

i think if you give them the spot where butt hits ground then you HAVE TO allow a defender to hit him up until that point.

you just cant tell defenders that they are helpless the second they start the process and you cant touch them at the same time giving them the spot where they hit. that just doesnt make sense.

then you have defenders teeing off on a qb who's in mid slide. which would be great from an entertainment perspective but again, you'd have dudes going off on stretchers every week.
Why do you have to allow them to hit them until the butt hits? it can be two different things, start to go down, can't hit, and 2ndly butt hits spot, if they get up because then aren't hit then you hit them with the Kenny fake slide penalty.

Can I ask you a question? What is the difference between a regular ball carrier being tackled and a sliding QB being hit? The rule was the way it was for 100 years and there were no serious injuries that I can remember. A sliding QB has an opportunity to protect himself during the slide and if he is that afraid of getting it, just fall over and dont slide.
SMF, why are you asking me these questions. i am not a ref, i am not on the rules committee. the nfl and the NCAA goes out of their way to over-protect the qbs. it is what it is man, it's what they do.

couple nfl players go crazy and kill themselves with a shotgun to the chest or drink a bottle of drano because of CTE and well everyone over reacts and rules change and everyone is screaming about changes and the next thing you know, today's version of football is what you have. that's life..

I dont have a say in it. a qb gets hit, it's probably going to be a roughing the passer call, that's football in 2023. i dont know what to tell you man, i agree its BS and weak and pussification of the sport, i agree with everything you say but you are acting like im the one that is doing this.

Goodell and the nfl rules committee doesnt take my calls but the second they do, i'll voice all of your concerns tot hem..

Last edited:
Did you tell him you hang out with Peters people?
he told me he'd meet me to discuss your concerns but only if it's in Westmoreland county and i told him to go to hell because people in allegheny county dont make that trip if they dont have too.

I asked him to meet me in bethel park and he said that there arent enough highways and it would take him all day to get there.

he told me he'd meet me to discuss your concerns but only if it's in Westmoreland county and i told him to go to hell because people in allegheny county dont make that trip if they dont have too.

I asked him to meet me in bethel park and he said that there arent enough highways and it would take him all day to get there.

The guy who thought of having big Pittsburgh suburb schools play their championship game in Westmoreland County reminds me of me actually. I can just imagine it. All those gym teachers have a group text going and the SMF of the group, the one with all the outlandish ideas, says "hey guys, I think I figured this out. Lets have Central Catholic and 3 other schools near Pittsburgh travel an hour to Westmoreland County for the championship. The parking at Norwin is top-notch." Everyone calls him an idiot and that's the dumbest thing they ever heard. But it ends up happening. I'd rather they play it at Bethel Park. Great sports facilities there by the way but you could get to Norwin quicker from just about anywhere in the WPIAL than to BPHS.

The guy who thought of having big Pittsburgh suburb schools play their championship game in Westmoreland County reminds me of me actually. I can just imagine it. All those gym teachers have a group text going and the SMF of the group, the one with all the outlandish ideas, says "hey guys, I think I figured this out. Lets have Central Catholic and 3 other schools near Pittsburgh travel an hour to Westmoreland County for the championship. The parking at Norwin is top-notch." Everyone calls him an idiot and that's the dumbest thing they ever heard. But it ends up happening. I'd rather they play it at Bethel Park. Great sports facilities there by the way but you could get to Norwin quicker from just about anywhere in the WPIAL than to BPHS.
well hopefully the bethel park local govt can pull emminent domain and steal people's property so they can level these awful suburban homes to build more highways..

well hopefully the bethel park local govt can pull emminent domain and steal people's property so they can level these awful suburban homes to build more highways..

Too many 1950s/60s homes. Level those. They actually need more newer-style homes. Driving through there reminds me of The Wonder Years. I keep waiting for see Kevin and Winnie holding hands on the sidewalk.

Too many 1950s/60s homes. Level those. They actually need more newer-style homes. Driving through there reminds me of The Wonder Years. I keep waiting for see Kevin and Winnie holding hands on the sidewalk.
yep, damn suburbs, level em all. we need to all live in cities, ditch our cars, build smart cities, live on top of each other, ride bikes to work.

people that want yards and grass and gardens are selfish pricks. i feel like anyone that has a house and a yard should be legally obligated to take in illegals and homeless people. ease the burden from cities. if it puts their families in danger, so be it.

Last edited:
yep, damn suburbs, level em all. we need to all live in cities, ditch our cars, build smart cities, live on top of each other, ride bikes to work.

people that want yards and grass and gardens are selfish pricks. i feel like anyone that has a house and a yard should be legally obligated to take in illegals and homeless people. ease the burden from cities. if it puts their families in danger, so be it.

Nah man, I love the burbs, just not Bethel Park. Houses are too old and ugly, the lots are too small, and the traffic is too much. And there's no Chik Fil A. And they stupidly lined 2 practice football fields at the HS instead of keeping the football lines off of one of them to be used primarily for soccer. Not saying you cant practice football on it but how many LINED football field does 1 HS campus need? At 3, Bethel has to lead the PIAA.

Nah man, I love the burbs, just not Bethel Park. Houses are too old and ugly, the lots are too small, and the traffic is too much. And there's no Chik Fil A. And they stupidly lined 2 practice football fields at the HS instead of keeping the football lines off of one of them to be used primarily for soccer. Not saying you cant practice football on it but how many LINED football field does 1 HS campus need? At 3, Bethel has to lead the PIAA.
lol, i've never seen anyone talk about bethel park as much as you.

no chick fil a and too many practice fields at the high school, what a rant. the chick fil A is literally across the street from bethel park, 10' away but they should build another one. now the homes are too old lol. but just in bethel, no where else. the lots are too small?? da phuck are you talking about?

you either need to stop doing drugs or do more drugs, not sure which one..

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT