ADVERTISEMENT

The Post Gazette

ChiefJusticeMarshall

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jun 14, 2020
As I drink my morning coffee and peruse through my online PGe. I get to the sports page, and voila. For the 3rd time in like 5 days, a column taken from the Centre Daily Times. Today? Top 10 players in the Franklin era. Yesterday? Top 20 games in the Franklin era. I am guessing tomorrow will be the top 10 defenders in the Franklin era. And I am assuming after that, the the top 10 flavors from the Creamery that Penn State players like. What you won't see is the the top 10 criminal acts occurred during the Franklin era. It set me off and I wrote the following letter to the PG.

It brings me great joy as I read my PG online this AM with a nice cup of coffee, perusing through and getting to the sports section. Thankfully, I find another Centre Daily Times piece on Penn State football. In the Post Gazette. The PITTSBURGH Post Gazette. I didn't know Pittsburgh moved to Centre County. Did you? The lack of coverage, and the antagonistic coverage of the true local college football program, that would be Pitt as in University of Pittsburgh, it's no wonder attendance is low, local recruits no longer consider. But I get it, Penn State is big business. Too Big To Fail. As in the Sandusky/Paterno scandal, which by the way was extensively covered by the Centre Daily Times (Sara Ganim anyone) yet completely under covered by the Post Gazette because it no longer supported the long held notion that Penn State football was "special".

I am expecting that Pitt will get coverage at some point. Maybe by the Patriot News in Harrisburg.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News