ADVERTISEMENT

The Press

Joe Magarac

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 10, 2015
Let's all remember that the press (especially the local press) fist job, last job and sometime only job is to sell newspapers.
The most efficient way to accomplish that goal is to create controversy, complain about the entities that they cover and set up readers to agree with their point of view.
A prime example: The press spent the previous week telling all of us that Pitt was not one of best jobs in college basketball and that they weren't going to attract one of the better coaches to come to Pitt.
Once the hire was announced, the press spent the last two days blasting Pitt for hiring someone who was not one of the better coaches in college basketball.
Why do they do this.....because they know that their readers/listeners will buy into the tripe that they spew.
Comments, please.

The press is free in today's Internet age. I won't buy a newspaper to hear it when my computer has access to it

Let's all remember that the press (especially the local press) fist job, last job and sometime only job is to sell newspapers.
The most efficient way to accomplish that goal is to create controversy, complain about the entities that they cover and set up readers to agree with their point of view.
A prime example: The press spent the previous week telling all of us that Pitt was not one of best jobs in college basketball and that they weren't going to attract one of the better coaches to come to Pitt.
Once the hire was announced, the press spent the last two days blasting Pitt for hiring someone who was not one of the better coaches in college basketball.
Why do they do this.....because they know that their readers/listeners will buy into the tripe that they spew.
Comments, please.
No kidding!
So don't you think as a PITT administrator its someones responsibility to be sure this doesn't happen!
If the U cant out smart the press ( they're not smart) they /we deserve whatever we get from this.
We PITT just made their job easy because of our/PITT's incompetence!
I didn't hear this when VT a lesser basketball program than PITT made a coaching change.
I cant believe how everyone just rolls over and comes up with rationale to make this disaster ok!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT