ADVERTISEMENT

The Prime Effect

At Georgia Tech, they actually have admission standards that Sanders would have run afoul of rather quickly.

What are their admission standards for football players?
actually, about 10 years ago, they had a rule where only 20% of football players were given admission if they didnt meet the standards for non - athletes..

which is a huge hindrance. but that was lifted awhile ago so im assuming it's the same as any other D1 school, just meet the basics and if you are big and fast, you are in..

but that's crazy they had that 20% rule not too long ago.

What are their admission standards for football players?

I dont think they have any minimum standard but I have heard its the most difficult school to be an athlete at because they dont offer blow-off majors and everyone has to take Calculus. So they can take a minimum qualifier but that kid is going the easiest major he can take is in the business school meaning he has to take finance and accounting and that's not easy for a minimum qualifier. That kid can go to a state school and major in Communications and get passed through or major in Athletic Coaching at WVU.

Yea I thought he was a guarantee at FSU. How did GT not throw money at him? He played in ATL and you'd think he'd be a fit there. Is GT even trying at anything?
Perhaps FSU realizes that this guy will end up hurting the program if he was to be hired. Deion Sanders has always been and always will be about himself. At Jackson State, he was "The Man" and the big name for coaches at his level. He is now entering the top level of college football and despite all of the notoriety that he brings to Colorado, he is still a no buddy when it comes to coaching and recruiting at this level. Do you think that folks like Nick Saban, Ryan Day, Dabo Swinney, Jim Harbaugh, Lincoln Rileyand the like are even worried about Sanders? I doubt it.

Perhaps FSU realizes that this guy will end up hurting the program if he was to be hired. Deion Sanders has always been and always will be about himself. At Jackson State, he was "The Man" and the big name for coaches at his level. He is now entering the top level of college football and despite all of the notoriety that he brings to Colorado, he is still a no buddy when it comes to coaching and recruiting at this level. Do you think that folks like Nick Saban, Ryan Day, Dabo Swinney, Jim Harbaugh, Lincoln Rileyand the like are even worried about Sanders? I doubt it.

I think they are worried about him for sure on the trail.

Yes. He will land top classes at Colorado. He got a 5 star to go to Jackson State. Of course they are worried. He is going to recruit like a blue blood and Colorado will be in the Rose Bowl shortly if he doesn't leave for a better job

Sanders will bring in his share of blue-chip recruits, but there are caveats here. First, the type of kid he is going to recruit is probably not the sort of kid that is going to fit in at certain places (ie here, for example). That kid is an SEC kid first and foremost, so ND/Michigan/ etc aren't going to be in the running, anyhow. Second, while he will likely have access to NIL, it's not going to be unlimited, and the top kids are expensive. He will be competing with USC and Oregon for the west coast stud, and those programs will always have more money than he will. He may well up the NIL game at Colorado significantly, but that's still not a place that will ever become top tier in that respect, and I suspect that will frustrate him. Lastly, he's still very unproven as both a coach at this level and as a CEO sort, which is what he'll need to be. It's going to be fascinating to watch, but success is not guaranteed.

If I had to make a bet, I'd say that the whole scene will be a circus.

This stuff is pretty sordid but a lot of it sounds exactly like what Rich Rod did when he took over at WVU.

He forced large numbers of the existing players out (and it was probably far more a challenge for such kids to find new landing spots at the time when there was no internet, e-mail, tweets, texts etc…plus more stern transfer rules, you had to sit out a year, period, no matter what a dick your coach had been to push you out). Rod, who had zero limitations to what level of mental retard he could bring in to WVU, just as it is now. Pat White couldn’t even speak intelligible English let alone act as a legit student. The Austin kid quickly piled up varies crimes that gleefully went unpunished. Rod infamously tried to bring in a violent kid that even Miami had to pass on, I believe he had committed a murder in Florida or such. But what talent those guys had, and he leveraged them well with very innovative offense.

It was a terrible thing to do on the human level but clearly worked well on a football level. They absorbed one bad season (still they nearly beat us; it took Walt calling a gadget halfback pass by Marcus Furman to finally win the game… after which, WVU under Rich Rod quickly emerged as a power…Up to the 13-9 game of course).

I’d say that if similar happened to Colorado (one subpar season and then quick national prominence, like above) they’d take it happily. F the players who get trampled in the process. That’s always been the sentiment, nearly everywhere. It’s a filthy business, folks

Last edited:
Yes. He will land top classes at Colorado. He got a 5 star to go to Jackson State. Of course they are worried. He is going to recruit like a blue blood and Colorado will be in the Rose Bowl shortly if he doesn't leave for a better job
He should probably get on his horse. It might be early but he's sitting behind Vandy and Toledo right now.

Colorado has the same problem that Pitt and the Northeast schools have and that's they are in a pro sports area where college sports is an after thought. Of all the teams in the state the Broncos are the team in Colorado and there is no close second.

What option do you think a four or five star player is going to make:

Option 1 - Play at Alabama or USC against top competion and then spend the winter in a warmer climate where you are considered a star just by being on a top football team.

Option 2 - Play at Colorado against teams like Arizona and Washington State in an area that doesn't care that much about college football where you will spend the winter in a dreary cold climate being just another student.

I know that Folsom Stadium was sold out but were they Colorado football fans or just there because some famous person happen to be there. I bet the same people show up if Kim Kardashian would have made an appearance.

I know that Folsom Stadium was sold out but were they Colorado football fans or just there because some famous person happen to be there.
Well, first off, they were about 10k short of a sellout. Bleacher seating. People spread out. Still pretty impressive given the way it's been. It's been a mess there and the expectations are pretty high. Should be interesting.

Maybe Noel Devine’s kids are now old enough to play for Sanders. He can take them at Colorado instead of pawning them off at WVU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT