ADVERTISEMENT

The reality of the situation

taylorpitt1

Scholarship
Gold Member
Nov 17, 2009
pitt can hire exactly 6 candidates who would push the needle back toward relevancy: in order
1) Ben Howland
2) Jamie Dixon
3) Sean Miller
4) Rick Pittino
5) Thad Matta
6) Hurley
6) Tom Crean

1& 2 will be viewed as as homecoming - like wandstedt - bringing a Pitt man back. Ben and Jamie are at different points in their careers and politically feasable, different Pitt administrations / opportunities....etc lead to the parting of ways- will not happen.

Sean miller is politically toxic and not possible. Pittino would also fall under this category of unhireable.

The next two would be big name hires that would carry the day and be successful at Pitt- neither will happen.

Tom Cream is the last and best chance Pitt has. Literally no one else deserves an ACC job at an institution like Pitt. I don’t really like him, he has several negatives against him but he is the guy. No one else has a resume worthy of our head coaching position.

I called Scott Barnes personally in regards to Stallings and told him “you just hired a guy who threatened the life of one of his players on the court, you can’t possibly be making this hire” Barnes response, “ I appreciate your opinion but he is the best and most qualified candidate” his words were telling.
Tom Crean, never reached Stallings level of .....?....... success or failure but he is the best and most qualified candidate out of all those names or (others that may be suggested) and is why he needs to be named the next Pitt coach.

I would take any of the others listed above him including miller and Pitino, but Crean is the “ last man standing” if you will.

We may never make an elite 8 or even a sweet 16 with him but he is the only respectable hire left considering Matta can’t give it his all “at Georgia” and Hurley wants to beat up in the AAC ( not Acc) at UConn
Pitt will either be lucky to land Tom Crean or suffer with some of the no names mentioned by Matt in other posts.....it is what it is

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News