ADVERTISEMENT

The Roster w/ Hugley

FortPittPanther

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 11, 2015
I think we all know it is hard to look too far ahead in the age of the transfer in college basketball, but today's Hugley news got me thinking a little bit. Right now, assuming Hugley eventually finds his way back to the team, the 2021-22 team should roughly look like this:

PG - Femi Odukale (So.), Ithiel Horton (RS Jr.)
SG - Nike Sibande (Super Sr.), Jamarius Burton (Sr.)
SF - Will Jeffress (So.), Nate Santos (Fr.)
PF - Chris Payton (Jr.), Noah Collier (So.)
C - John Hugley (So.), Dan Oladapo (Sr.), Max Amadasun (So.)

The depth chart may not be exactly right, but it's close enough for the purpose of discussion. We have 11 guys on the depth chart, and 10 of our 13 scholarships devoted for the upcoming season (Sibande doesn't count). Maybe it makes sense to use some/all of those remaining three scholarships to add some super senior transfers for depth purposes, but I don't know if I'd be bringing anybody in who is going to be a multi-year option for reasons I'm about to explain.

Looking ahead at 2022-23, Sibande would be gone and Burton and Oladapo could use their super senior status to return and count against our 13 scholarship total. Assuming that was discussed as part of those two guys' recruitments and would be the plan, we would bring back all 10 current scholarship players from this upcoming season and would have three scholarships to give for the 2022 class as a starting point. It's almost a certainty that at least 1 or 2 guys will transfer, so the number might ultimately be more like 4 or 5 scholarships to give, but either way that should be very doable.

Obviously we have to see how this team ultimately performs on the court, so I don't want to overdo it with optimism. Plus, if Hugley still doesdn't end up returning, that is a major game-changer. But perhaps word of our demise was premature?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News