ADVERTISEMENT

The Travelers

I happened to turn it on just as the cops were tackling the goofs. I'll have to take that guys word for it that they were climate protesters, because that was certainly not obvious in anything I saw. Which means that those people got arrested and yet didn't even get their message across.

Also, I would point out that whatever they put on the green didn't appear to be spray paint. Because it was pretty easy for them to clean up, and spray paint certainly would not have been.

Reactions: Pittgolf1971
I happened to turn it on just as the cops were tackling the goofs. I'll have to take that guys word for it that they were climate protesters, because that was certainly not obvious in anything I saw. Which means that those people got arrested and yet didn't even get their message across.

Also, I would point out that whatever they put on the green didn't appear to be spray paint. Because it was pretty easy for them to clean up, and spray paint certainly would not have been.
They were climate zealots and I believe they had some kind of smoke bombs - reminded me of what I’ve seen at soccer games.

They were all wearing T shirts that said "No golf on a dead planet"

I’m in no way protesting golf, but growing and maintaining golf courses is a terrible use of land.

Miles of land with lots of chemical use, water waste , lack of biodiversity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Butler Pitt Fan
Nobody is saying they should take away golf, they are advocating to reduce chemical-using and water waste.
I'd be very surprised if most golf courses weren't already working to reduce chemical use and water waste. These things cost money so there's an incentive to control use.

Reactions: Pitt2009
Nobody is saying they should take away golf, they are advocating to reduce chemical-using and water waste.
What chemicals and what water waste? Can you provide your specific concerns and how each one impacts the environment ?

What chemicals and what water waste? Can you provide your specific concerns and how each one impacts the environment ?
I think it’s common knowledge that synthetic pesticides are harmful to the environment. And that most golf courses use pesticides and A LOT of water.

There’s loads of information available. Here’s two articles from Golf Magazine.
- https://golf.com/travel/courses/organic-golf-course-pesticide-complications/?amp=1
- https://golf.com/travel/courses/golf-courses-rain-water-sustainability/?amp=1

i shot a 37 on back 9 of riverview yesterday. i'd like to thank the pesticide industry and the incredible supply of water needed to maintain this course to make it all possible..

• Haha
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I’m in no way protesting golf, but growing and maintaining golf courses is a terrible use of land.

Really true, it's surprising the hard-core climate wackos haven't been targeting golf for years,

Reactions: Pittgolf1971
I think it’s common knowledge that synthetic pesticides are harmful to the environment. And that most golf courses use pesticides and A LOT of water.

There’s loads of information available. Here’s two articles from Golf Magazine.
- https://golf.com/travel/courses/organic-golf-course-pesticide-complications/?amp=1
- https://golf.com/travel/courses/golf-courses-rain-water-sustainability/?amp=1
Do you use pesticides around your house to controls termites ants etc? There’s probably less pesticides used in a golf course than to grow food.

I’d also point out this quote “It is also the consensus that pesticides are safe, if applied correctly.

You do realize most of the water comes from local bodies of water So what is the issue with using water from a local body of water that is at zero risk of drying up?

Just think of it as green space.

Chemicals? Every spring I'm inundated with various companies knocking at my door looking to lay a death cloud down on my home and yard, because they're in the neighborhood treating others.... several of whom probably also think the golf course is evil. LOL.

On the list of issues we're facing, environmental friendliness of golf courses might be at the bottom.

Just think of it as green space.

Chemicals? Every spring I'm inundated with various companies knocking at my door looking to lay a death cloud down on my home and yard, because they're in the neighborhood treating others.... several of whom probably also think the golf course is evil. LOL.

On the list of issues we're facing, environmental friendliness of golf courses might be at the bottom.
And the same ones are not worried about the biodiversity of acres of solar panels or the 500000 lbs of earth moved to make a single 1000 lb car battery. But I digress

Reactions: Millerton
And the same ones are not worried about the biodiversity of acres of solar panels or the 500000 lbs of earth moved to make a single 1000 lb car battery. But I digress
love "fake enviromentalists" ignoring the mining done for the car battery industry, absolutely cracks me up.

The "well it's not done here so who cares" justification is fantastic..

love "fake enviromentalists" ignoring the mining done for the car battery industry, absolutely cracks me up.

have to see their reaction if that Pitt study on the massive amounts of lithium found in frack waste water turns out to be valid and feasible....gotta think it will go something like this...

Your numbers don’t make sense. That means the ground would need to contain like 1/1000 of lithium. In which case it wouldn’t be efficient to mine.

Plus EV companies can, at least partially, extract lithium through brine processes.

If you are a climate protester try going and protesting at a place without a bunch of trees bushes and grass.

Well that’s just part of the stories y. There’s the acids and associated toxic wastes associated with extracting those trace metals in all that rock. Then at the end of life they have to dispose of the hazardous batteries.

If you are a climate protester try going and protesting at a place without a bunch of trees bushes and grass.
Or you can show up to Taylor swifts concert and protest the massive carbon footprint associated with her travel.

Your numbers don’t make sense. That means the ground would need to contain like 1/1000 of lithium. In which case it wouldn’t be efficient to mine.

Plus EV companies can, at least partially, extract lithium through brine processes.
Duh. It’s in very low concentrations and the extraction process is not 100 pct efficient And it’s mot just lithium that’s needed

Or you can show up to Taylor swifts concert and protest the massive carbon footprint associated with her travel.
but im a guy over the age of 14 and not into other dudes so going to taylor swift concerts arent for me.

Not that there is anything wrong with that..

but im a guy over the age of 14 and not into other dudes so going to taylor swift concerts arent for me.

Not that there is anything wrong with that..
Listen, she’s a talent and puts on a great show. I enjoyed watching it on Disney+ with the female in my life. But seeing instagram posts of dudes freaking out and singing at her concert is more feminine than anything I’ve ever seen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT