ADVERTISEMENT

OT: US Open at Pinehurst who you got??

Yeah I’m with you on Homa. And that’s the thing with BD…you don’t all of a sudden become a good dude in 8 months if you weren’t your whole life. You are in your core who you are. Take Tiger…I always thought he was a douche and rooting against him because of it. It wasn’t until he was humbled a bit and showed a human side to him that I started to like him. But that happened over decades not months. I would love to see tiger win a major again. But he doesn’t look capable of putting 4 rounds together ever again.
His dad did pass away recently so that could have caused some reflection on whats important in life. As I said in another post some of the stuff seems a bit fake but I do think much of his behavior appeared to be authentic. But hey different strokes.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
As a PS to the fake comments. Compare how Bryson responded after losing to Xander by one stroke to how Mcllroy trained after losing to Bryson. If you think Bryson is fake then Mcllroy is a compete fraud

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
As a PS to the fake comments. Compare how Bryson responded after losing to Xander by one stroke to how Mcllroy trained after losing to Bryson. If you think Bryson is fake then Mcllroy is a compete fraud

I think the way that McIlroy reacted after he blew the tournament was the most real thing of the weekend.

I think the way that McIlroy reacted after he blew the tournament was the most real thing of the weekend.
To his credit though, I want him to be pissed/hurt. If he was smiling, "oh well" attitude, I would question his desire. He could have done an interview after but understood though him declining.

To his credit though, I want him to be pissed/hurt. If he was smiling, "oh well" attitude, I would question his desire. He could have done an interview after but understood though him declining.
Yeah. Being a good sport and not throwing a tempter tantrum after losing the PGA by one stroke to Zander really impacted Bryson’s chances of winning the us Open. LOL

That’s one way to describe it I suppose. Real boorish

The way that McIlroy reacted was certainly a hell of a lot more "real" than when the first loser, especially one who blows the tournament, sits there in front of the press and talks about how happy he is for the guy who won the tournament.

But people certainly do prefer the fake plaudits than the real anger.

The way that McIlroy reacted was certainly a hell of a lot more "real" than when the first loser, especially one who blows the tournament, sits there in front of the press and talks about how happy he is for the guy who won the tournament.

But people certainly do prefer the fake plaudits than the real anger.
Yup. Some prefer sore losers to people who are gracious in defeat

"Gracious in defeat" is just another way to say "phony".

I mean you are the one who wants people to be real. Gracious in defeat isn't real, it's politeness to cover up the real.
You can be real without being an ass. But I get it people love the lowest common denominator. Explains a lot about where the world is heading

You can be real without being an ass.

Of course you can. But you absolutely cannot act like you are happy for the winner when you blow a tournament like that without being a phony.

But I get it. People would rather hear what they want to hear than the actual truth. Explains a lot about where the world is heading.

If McIlroy went to the presser he would have had two choices. Express his disgust with the situation or be a phony. If he had gone there and done the former he would have been vilified. If he had gone there and done the latter people would have complimented him for the way that he acted in defeat. Which would have been to stand up in front of everyone and be a phony.

Hell of a thing to compliment in someone.

Reactions: PittPharm2002
Of course you can. But you absolutely cannot act like you are happy for the winner when you blow a tournament like that without being a phony.

But I get it. People would rather hear what they want to hear than the actual truth. Explains a lot about where the world is heading.

If McIlroy went to the presser he would have had two choices. Express his disgust with the situation or be a phony. If he had gone there and done the former he would have been vilified. If he had gone there and done the latter people would have complimented him for the way that he acted in defeat. Which would have been to stand up in front of everyone and be a phony.

Hell of a thing to compliment in someone.
once again it’s not an either or situation. He can show the emotion of being frustrated with HIS play AND congratulate his opponent for playing well. After all Brysons save was incredibly rare and won the tourney

You know like every athlete/team/coach does after a tough loss But hey I applaud Rory for keepin it real and showing what a classless punk he is. It’s a free country so that’s his prerogative just as it is for some golf fans to admire that sort of behavior

We should just get rid of handshakes after games and teach our kids to be real and storm off after they lose. Keepin it real is such an admirable quality

once again it’s not an either or situation. He can show the emotion of being frustrated with HIS play AND congratulate his opponent for playing well. After all Brysons save was incredibly rare and won the tourney

You know like every athlete/team/coach does after a tough loss But hey I applaud Rory for keepin it real and showing what a classless punk he is. It’s a free country so that’s his prerogative just as it is for some golf fans to admire that sort of behavior

We should just get rid of handshakes after games and teach our kids to be real and storm off after they lose. Keepin it real is such an admirable quality

Well first of all, you are the one who wants people to be real. Right up until the moment that someone actually is real, and then you want no part of it.

Secondly, I can't imagine what McIlroy did for you to have such a hard on over something so relatively trivial, but man, it must have been bad. I hope one day you get over it.

You can be disgusted and gracious in defeat. Happens almost every game/match in every sport.

Rory's a baby and didn't want to deal with it. It has nothing to do with him keeping it real.

Well first of all, you are the one who wants people to be real. Right up until the moment that someone actually is real, and then you want no part of it.

Secondly, I can't imagine what McIlroy did for you to have such a hard on over something so relatively trivial, but man, it must have been bad. I hope one day you get over it.
lol. Just pointing out boorish behavior. You’re the one who seems to be triggered by simply pointing out that he acted like a punk in leaving like he did. Just about everyone other golfer acts more professional in defeat. Hell the vast majority of athletes at all levels act more professional than he did.

And there’s a difference between being real and acting like an ass. It appears you are unable to tell the difference which is not surprising.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT