ADVERTISEMENT

These next two games are huge...

I think the matchup with OKST is not good for us. Our secondary doesn't seem to be quite deep enough, our linebackers don't seem to be quite mobile enough, and our running based offense isn't explosive enough.

However (and that's a big however) if we can win this game I think it will say great things about this team and where it can go this season. True, UNC means technically means more, but I think this OKST game means more as far as giving us a true barometer on this team.

Im excited for this Saturday! Hopefully my voice will be back by then too!

I tend to look at this as a good match up for us. OKST has a non-existent run game (97 yds/game against a creampuff and a MAC school). Their passing game is built around dink and dunk passing (plays into our bend but dont break defense) with only 3 pass plays over 24 yds. If we can get pressure on their QB (who has yet to run the ball this year) we can definitely change the dynamic of their offense.

Our ball control offense can eat up large chunks of clock and keep the defense fresh. I think special teams might be a big factor. Both teams have solid return men (Barry Sanders Jr for OKSt) although early season indicators are we come up way short in the kicking game. Blewitt is a human disaster every time he lines up to kick. OKSt's kickers are 10/11 on XP's and 4/4 on FG's including a 50+ yarder.

I think our guys are going to come out swinging Saturday. In the big picture, this game wont derail the season with a loss, but a win...a win will go along way in continuing the re-establishing of Pitt as a national player.

I won't go as far as saying Pitt will win, but i definitely think it is not unrealistic when looking at all the intangibles.

PS. if weather forecasts hold serve and rain comes in to play, advantage Pitt.

Pitt fans should be thrilled at a 3-1 start. Split the next 2......play .500 the rest of the way is 7-5

But Pitt's last 8 are not as daunting as weeks 2 through 4.

Beat the Virginias....GA Tech at homecoming....Duke and Cuse at the end of the year....add Marshall....9-3

Ill take 9-3....with this schedule in year 2
This is the second straight year Central Michigan held OKSU's offense under wraps and played them to the final possession. Mason Rudolph will get pressured like he;s never been pressured before, and he;s shaky to begin with.

The key for Pitt will be to be able to make some plays downfield. OkSU will stack the box to stop the run.

This is the second straight year Central Michigan held OKSU's offense under wraps and played them to the final possession. Mason Rudolph will get pressured like he;s never been pressured before, and he;s shaky to begin with.

The key for Pitt will be to be able to make some plays downfield. OkSU will stack the box to stop the run.
Unless our d-backs have magically improved since last week, they will again give up the quick-strike long plays and tds that are an absolute killer--confused as to why the Duzz, a defensive guru, can't get it fixed

Unless our d-backs have magically improved since last week, they will again give up the quick-strike long plays and tds that are an absolute killer--confused as to why the Duzz, a defensive guru, can't get it fixed
Still inserting his talent at CB. Maybe he'll have more success next season with Hamlin, Miller, Coleman, Ford, etc. Also, yet to insert the kind of speed and athleticism he likes at LB. I think he's golden at S with Whitehead though.

I think this is common-sense by now, but I think these next two games mean more than a lot of people would think.

I think Pitt can steal these next two road games, as OK State doesn't provide much of a run defense and UNC is not nearly as good as last year.

If we win those games, we're sitting at 4-0 and most likely ranked in the Top 20, something that hasn't happened here in a while. The best part? Look at the schedule after that. Marshall, Georgia Tech, Virginia, and Virginia Tech on Thursday night. That's definitely the weakest link in the schedule, and if we get past OSU and UNC, I think there'd be a realistic chance at us running the tables and going 8-0 for the first time since 1981 (!!), which would put us right outside the Top 10.

Just imagine that. Winning on national television Thursday night to walk into the Miami and Clemson games being ranked as one of the best teams... In the country.

Can't get too ahead of myself, though. Got business to take care of Saturday :) although it's good food for thought!

I don't know about 8-0, but I agree 100% that these next two games are huge. The program is building excitement and momentum after a big win against PSU. If we can beat OSU, I suspect we will crack the top 25. Of course, we've been here before... let's hope we can finally get over the hump and overachieve.

Cruzer

2.) any 8-0 P5 program is going to be top 10. By the time week 8 rolls around, there won't be many p5's with 0 losses.

It hasn't happened since, well, last year, when oddly enough an 8-0 Oklahoma State team was 14th in the AP poll.

But yeah, it would be very rare.

To quote the immortal Wanny, you can't teach a kid to run faster.
Still inserting his talent at CB. Maybe he'll have more success next season with Hamlin, Miller, Coleman, Ford, etc. Also, yet to insert the kind of speed and athleticism he likes at LB. I think he's golden at S with Whitehead though.
Golden at strong safety, which is like a 4th LB in Duzzi's scheme. Not so golden at free safety, the coverage safety spot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT