ADVERTISEMENT

This graphic shows the league Pitt will eventually be in

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001

This is what I've been saying. When FSU, Clem, and UNC leave, the B12 and ACC are going to merge to form this new league, probably with a corporate name like the Allstate League.

Cal and Stanford have gone on record that they will never be in a conference with BYU, why do you think they preferred to join to the ACC instead of joining the 4 corners in Big 12?

This guy probably feels that Duke will wind up in the B10 or SEC due their basketball brand. Duke basketball is valuable. But this is what its going to be. Essentially you will have an ACC, Big 12, and Pac 12 all under the umbrella of the Allstate League or the Dr. Pepper League.

If basketball mattered that much, Duke would have been the 8th member trying to derail the ACC, Kansas would have jumped elsewhere when they had the chance, and Uconn wouldn't be homeless; they'd at least be in the Big 12.

Cal and Stanford have gone on record that they will never be in a conference with BYU, why do you think they preferred to join to the ACC instead of joining the 4 corners in Big 12?

#1 - I am not positive BYU would be in this conference for reasons I shouldn't have to go into.

#2 - If BYU is in it, Cal & Stanford may not have a choice because its going to be the SEC, B10, and then this "super league." They can be independent if they want but there will be enough "smart schools" in the league to hang out with.

If basketball mattered that much, Duke would have been the 8th member trying to derail the ACC, Kansas would have jumped elsewhere when they had the chance, and Uconn wouldn't be homeless; they'd at least be in the Big 12.

Duke Basketball is a national brand like the Yankees, Notre Dame, Lakers, etc. Kansas Basketball and UConn Basketball arent anywhere close to that from a value standpoint. And I dont believe Duke has a guaranteed spot in a P2. But I do believe its very possible.

Cal people and BYU people are so very different...but if you got them together drinking & partying there would be some wild stuff going on.

And I know Mormons claim not to drink alcohol, but they be lying, I had some epic parties with mormons in my younger years.

Last edited:
Cal people and BYU are so very different...but if you got them together drinking & partying there would be some wild stuff going on.

And I know Mormons claim not to drink alcohol, but they be lying, I had some epic parties with mormons in my younger years.

I cannot wait for the Calgorithm leading up to those games.

Cal people and BYU people are so very different...but if you got them together drinking & partying there would be some wild stuff going on.

I know, Donny Osmond puked all over a new rug I had just bought at Hills while on one particularly ugly bender back in the day...

This guy probably feels that Duke will wind up in the B10 or SEC due their basketball brand. Duke basketball is valuable. But this is what its going to be. Essentially you will have an ACC, Big 12, and Pac 12 all under the umbrella of the Allstate League or the Dr. Pepper League.
What brand does Mississippi State bring? Or Vanderbilt? Or Northwestern? Or frankly, Purdue? There are many schools in the Big 2 that are getting a free ride.

Reactions: Tucker99
What brand does Mississippi State bring? Or Vanderbilt? Or Northwestern? Or frankly, Purdue? There are many schools in the Big 2 that are getting a free ride.

None. But they are grandathered in. Some say those schools will get kicked out of their P2 leagues. But they won't. They were just lucky to have joined those leagues 100 years ago. They are lifers. I do think that unequal revenue distribution is coming though. OSU and Purdue won't be getting the same amount of B10 revenue.

Duke Basketball is a national brand like the Yankees, Notre Dame, Lakers, etc. Kansas Basketball and UConn Basketball arent anywhere close to that from a value standpoint. And I dont believe Duke has a guaranteed spot in a P2. But I do believe its very possible.

It's not.

It's still relative. If Duke were good enough for the P2 then Uconn would certainly be good enough for the Big 12.

It's not.

It's still relative. If Duke were good enough for the P2 then Uconn would certainly be good enough for the Big 12.

The Big 12 commish wants UConn but couldn't get enough votes from the schools. He places a high value on UConn basketball and they may eventually get into the Big 12. I dont know whether or not Duke will land in a P2. I do know that UNC will eventually be in the SEC. I dont think the SEC takes the duplicate market even though they'd get that basketball rivalry but I do think the Big Ten could view Duke as gaining a lucrative market for TV and recruiting and also get the #1 basketball brand. UConn isnt nearly as big of a brand as Duke. UConn is a regional school who happens to be good at basketball. There arent UConn fans in San Francisco, Dallas, and Omaha. There are plenty of Duke fans though.

The Big 12 commish wants UConn but couldn't get enough votes from the schools. He places a high value on UConn basketball and they may eventually get into the Big 12. I dont know whether or not Duke will land in a P2. I do know that UNC will eventually be in the SEC. I dont think the SEC takes the duplicate market even though they'd get that basketball rivalry but I do think the Big Ten could view Duke as gaining a lucrative market for TV and recruiting and also get the #1 basketball brand. UConn isnt nearly as big of a brand as Duke. UConn is a regional school who happens to be good at basketball. There arent UConn fans in San Francisco, Dallas, and Omaha. There are plenty of Duke fans though.

I just don't see it happening. If anything, I see UNC landing in the Big Ten. And Duke in the SEC is borderline hilarious. I would think Vanderbilt would get the boot well before Duke would get the invite.

I should start a burner account on X, hire a bot farm to generate followers, then start posting goofy shit like this.
Why not? And it would have as much validity as some of the nonsense some posters insist on dragging onto this forum and then using as material to support their wacky ideas.

Reactions: pittdan77
UNC is 100% going to the SEC. Both the B10 and SEC will want them and they will choose the SEC.
Nah, they'll go to the B1G with Virginia, Georgia Tech and most likely Miami, there's more money in the B1G and its all about the dollars.

The B1G and SEC are going to have a Summit, I'm sure dividing up the ACC is on the agenda.

Nah, they'll go to the B1G with Virginia, Georgia Tech and most likely Miami, there's more money in the B1G and its all about the dollars.

The B1G and SEC are going to have a Summit, I'm sure dividing up the ACC is on the agenda.

Virginia, UNC, and FSU are going to the SEC. The SEC wants the state of North Carolina and the DMV. It doesn't want FSU but it also doesnt want the B10 in Florida.

The B10 may add Cal, Stan, VT and NC St or Duke. Possibly GT but I doubt that one. Colorado will also go to a P2. That market is too big to be left out.

UVa and UNC see themselves as southern schools. They prefer the SEC. They'll have their choice.

Virginia, UNC, and FSU are going to the SEC. The SEC wants the state of North Carolina and the DMV. It doesn't want FSU but it also doesnt want the B10 in Florida.

The B10 may add Cal, Stan, VT and NC St or Duke. Possibly GT but I doubt that one. Colorado will also go to a P2. That market is too big to be left out.

UVa and UNC see themselves as southern schools. They prefer the SEC. They'll have their choice.
UVA and UNC will see themselves richer in the B1G, they don't give a shit about being a "southern" school.

UVA and UNC will see themselves richer in the B1G, they don't give a shit about being a "southern" school.

They give a lot of shits about being southern schools and competing in the SEC. They arent going to pick the Big Ten for an extra few million per year. The SEC is worth more than the B10. The SEC's problem is that its also stuck in an old long-term ESPN deal like the ACC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT