ADVERTISEMENT

This might make some of you apoplectic

Aren't we just taking the WPIAL guy at the PG's word for that?

Maybe, but I have a hard time believing he would float that if it wasn't true. While I think Kasper would be a great hire, I'm fine with him staying at PR. Dude is a machine. He's been instrumental in building the football program into a powerhouse.

Not sure why it matters. It’s Narduzzi’s duty to the program and himself to cast the net then hire who he thinks will be best for the job. Tons of guys don’t get jobs all over the country - it’s just part of the business. And he deserves no special consideration being an alum. Coaches don’t need to be “Pitt guys”. They’re all nomads and will become Pitt guys the day they’re hired. Then will be (insert university name here) guys at their next stop.

However, if by chance this was a “courtesy interview” and he had no chance that’s another matter. I would imagine a time or 2 a coach blew someone’s doors off and got the job but by and large I think doing that is stupid. And insulting.

Michigan always wants "Michigan men." Enough said.

Maybe, but I have a hard time believing he would float that if it wasn't true. While I think Kasper would be a great hire, I'm fine with him staying at PR. Dude is a machine. He's been instrumental in building the football program into a powerhouse.

I see that he was only repeating what a blog with a bit of a checkered history initially reported so my apologies. No idea if Kasper would be a good college coach or not. Not a leap that happens very often.

I see that he was only repeating what a blog with a bit of a checkered history initially reported so my apologies. No idea if Kasper would be a good college coach or not. Not a leap that happens very often.

No worries. I think he would do fine as a position coach. Two that come to mind more recently are Terry Smith and Chris Haering.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT