ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on the FSU Game

JAM05Pitt

Junior
Gold Member
Jun 6, 2015
Great start to the season last night. Here are a few of my thoughts...
  1. The court, and the arena in general, looked amazing on TV.
  2. Capel's teams play really, really hard. That was evident last year, even with our struggles, and it stood out last night.
  3. It appears that we have WAY more lineup flexibility. Of course, it's not perfect. But there are a number of combinations Capel can use depending on match-ups.
  4. Brown was really good. I've been tough on him but he stepped up last night. I love that he was able to do it coming off of the bench. If he stays engaged, he's a big asset. He doesn't always need to score, although he did last night, but if we is engaged on the boards and defensively we're in good shape.
  5. Murphy did some really nice things in addition to shooting the three ball. He played hard. Good energy.
  6. Johnson and McGowens are so athletic that they are going to cause fits for a lot of back courts.
  7. Maybe a sneaky tough game next with Nicholls, who went to overtime with Illinois?
  8. Wow, team rebounding was really good last night. He have some nice athletes with length that can combine to make us a decent team on the boards.
  9. It's only one game and we are a long way to go but it's certainly a nice start. H2P!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News