ADVERTISEMENT

Ticket sales for WVU

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
From the seating map on the Pitt site, looks like about 25%-30% of the upper deck is sold. The upper deck corners and endzone are just about completely empty.

The lower bowl is mostly sold, maybe 100-200 tickets left.

Probably a crowd around 10K. 7K Pitt 3K WVU. The ridiculous $90 price is going to keep away more WVU fans than you think. And maybe that was the idea? If tickets were more accurately priced at around $30-$40, it would have sold out but it probably would have been mostly WVU fans buying those single game tickets.

Lowest price on Stubhub right now is $55 but after fees its $69. I've been tracking Stubhub all week and they haven't been selling great. I'm going to see if i can get a ticket around $40 after fees. That's a fair price for this game IMO.

From the seating map on the Pitt site, looks like about 25%-30% of the upper deck is sold. The upper deck corners and endzone are just about completely empty.

Probably a crowd around 10K. 7K Pitt 3K WVU. The ridiculous $90 price is going to keep away more WVU fans than you think. And maybe that was the idea? If tickets were more accurately priced at around $30-$40, it would have sold out but it probably would have been mostly WVU fans buying those single game tickets.

Lowest price on Stubhub right now is $55 but after fees its $69. I've been tracking Stubhub all week and they haven't been selling great. I'm going to see if i can get a ticket around $40 after fees. That's a fair price for this game IMO.

$90 is too much for any seat.

$40 might be too lol.

There were about 7200 tickets sold as of Monday.

Why the hell would 7k Pitt fans go to this game?? I dont see that being accurate at all...

Why the hell would 7k Pitt fans go to this game?? I dont see that being accurate at all...

Why the hell would anyone think that if they sold 7,200 tickets that 7,000 of them would have been sold to Pitt fans? I don't see that being accurate at all.

Why the hell would anyone think that if they sold 7,200 tickets that 7,000 of them would have been sold to Pitt fans? I don't see that being accurate at all.

I am not thinking that at all... i was referring to the poster above who said 10k total 7k Pitt fans and 3K wv fans. i dont see there being 7k Pitt fans willing to show up to another Kevin Stallings shit show.

There won't be 7K Pitt fans there. Maybe 4K or 5K at most. And this year, that would be a good turnout for Pitt. Probably one of the highest turnouts for Pitt fans for the entire year, except for maybe Duke. I think WVU will have around 3K there, almost half the building.

There won't be 7K Pitt fans there. Maybe 4K or 5K at most. And this year, that would be a good turnout for Pitt. Probably one of the highest turnouts for Pitt fans for the entire year, except for maybe Duke. I think WVU will have around 3K there, almost half the building.

I think it will be more like 7k wvu and 3k Pitt fans..

A complete hoopie takeover

I would have liked to see how our kids would perform with a large crowd rooting for them, but noooo. I don't know about these $90 tix but mine is $69 in first row of upper level, as a season ticket holder who does attend our home games.

I'm in the lower bowl and am praying that the hoopies are quarantined to the corners of the upper level in the very top rows, where they belong. I don't want to hear them.

I am not thinking that at all... i was referring to the poster above who said 10k total 7k Pitt fans and 3K wv fans. i dont see there being 7k Pitt fans willing to show up to another Kevin Stallings shit show.

Ok, that makes more sense. I thought you were responding to the post immediately before yours since you didn't quote the other post.

Reactions: daminals76
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT