ADVERTISEMENT

Tigers vs Panthers Predictions

You know Pitt

yeah that's the main worry for me. I don't think their off has enough to totally expose Pitt's D. I am better but still not totally confident in Whipple v Venables. The other key for me is their front 7 v Kenny and oline. There are some mismatches there. So I'm betting under.

Game of the Decade.
Pitt wins.

Nice writeup but I will add that the offensive formation and personnel are different this time around against Clemson. We really spread out the receivers now and have receivers who can catch. Clemson blitzed us crazy the last game and we could not get the ball off. Let's see what happens with more receivers split farther and can catch.

Reactions: BreakingPitt
I wonder if the double pass thing from the game last year is being used as bulletin board material? Not that it was a real big deal but might help with some motivation.

I really don't know what to think, we've been to this dance before, lots of hype to only be disappointed. The one thing is that this technically doesn't decide the Coastal championship. So while it is an important one, we've played in bigger.

I think the team comes out psyched, puts up some points early, hangs on to win a nail biter, 31-28. Then the real concern is the letdown game the following week against Miami.

I see two possibilities. Clemson’s talent potential keeps things close and they squeak out a close win or even double digit victory partly due to Pitt being too aggressive and committing turnovers and penalities. 21-17.

I can equally see a statement win. They took the peddle off last week. I think they go balls to the walls passing and try to run it up. QB play can transcend other weaknesses and Pickett is on another level right now. Clemson probably does not want a shootout and may commit turnovers trying to keep up. The defense also continuing to improve. Pitt 45-10.

I wonder if the double pass thing from the game last year is being used as bulletin board material? Not that it was a real big deal but might help with some motivation.

I really don't know what to think, we've been to this dance before, lots of hype to only be disappointed. The one thing is that this technically doesn't decide the Coastal championship. So while it is an important one, we've played in bigger.

I think the team comes out psyched, puts up some points early, hangs on to win a nail biter, 31-28. Then the real concern is the letdown game the following week against Miami.
If Pitt has truly improved, they will reflect on what happened against WMU the week after Tenn. they also have footage of Miami beating an App state team that just beat a top 15 team. First things first, but I expect focus.

I see two possibilities. Clemson’s talent potential keeps things close and they squeak out a close win or even double digit victory partly due to Pitt being too aggressive and committing turnovers and penalities. 21-17.

I can equally see a statement win. They took the peddle off last week. I think they go balls to the walls passing and try to run it up. QB play can transcend other weaknesses and Pickett is on another level right now. Clemson probably does not want a shootout and may commit turnovers trying to keep up. The defense also continuing to improve. Pitt 45-10.
Come on man! Pick a score!

This feels so much like our comeuppance for knocking off their undefeated season, but maybe that's just the pessimist Pitt fan in me. This quote also didn't make me feel good.
ESPN said:
Pickett's history against Clemson is wretched. In two prior games, he's just 26-of-55 passing (47.3%) for 217 yards (3.95 yards/pass) with two touchdowns and seven turnovers to go with nine sacks and just two plays of 20 yards or more.

That said, I want to feel hope for the next 48 hours.

Pitt- 23
Clemson-21

Just because, I"m predicting a missed extra point on the first touchdown from Pitt just to make us feel like shit the entire game.

Man, I never listen to 93.7 the Fan anymore and now I know why. It's one big commercial. When actual commercials are not on , the friggin loser Cook and Starkey are doing there own commercials. Absolutely unlistenable . After 10 minutes of that , they take shots right and left at Pitt.

A win this week would do wonders for this program ! Can't wait for Saturday.

Aight. I am feeling more confident in my Pitt win score 45-10. I think they make a statement.

for the old timers here....would be reminiscent of the 1981 game against FSU at home. Pitt looking for revenge and FSU was still good, although not Clemson level yet in the early 80's. Made a statement with a 42-14 win I think. I'm hoping history repeats itself.

Last edited:
Man, I never listen to 93.7 the Fan anymore and now I know why. It's one big commercial. When actual commercials are not on , the friggin loser Cook and Starkey are doing there own commercials. Absolutely unlistenable . After 10 minutes of that , they take shots right and left at Pitt.

A win this week would do wonders for this program ! Can't wait for Saturday.
Word of advice......don't pay attention to any Pgh media person. Outside of Pomp they all stick and are very biased!

Pitt 34. Clemson 3. This team hasn't seen a dude like Kenny Pickett, their coach even admitted it. Already making excuses and adding years to Pickett's resume to make the upcoming loss look better for Clemson. Venables will refuse to shake Whipple's hand at midfield after the game. This one won't be close.

for the old timers here....would be reminiscent of the 1981 game against FSU at home. Pitt looking for revenge and FSU was still good, although not Clemson level yet in the early 80's. Made a statement with a 42-14 win I think. I'm hoping history repeats itself.
If we took it to Clemson like 42-14, that’s certainly making a statement. I’m certainly optimistic!

Pitt-31 Clemson-7, Clemson offense absolutely blows and their defense is not ready to see Whipple, Pickett, and Associates. Pitt D is coming around at just the right time to keep an underperforming Clemson offense where they are at. The boys are ready to go, lets keep the train moving! Lets have a day on Saturday! Hail to Pitt!

• Love
Reactions: KJS412H2P
Just took a look at the Clemson site on Rivals and almost the entire front page is recruiting.....as if they are writing this season off and looking to the future. They may lose some players to the dreaded portal!

Scenario A

Pitt comes out confident, like a team that believes in itself and this season, as it should and we take care of business 34-24

Scenario B

We come out tight as we did last game against Clemson (and Tennessee majorly), start out in the hole 17-0 and we battle back to a 34-20 loss.

I havent see the team really take a game like this with massive cocky confidence and not come out dropping passes, making bad reads, tentative runs, gaffs on D. This is on coaching. Preparation breeds confidence.

Prepare, have it down, execute

Will hate to see these boards if Pitt loses, the best team in the country didn’t even score an offensive touchdown against Clemson and we have people predicting Pitt to score over 30 against this defense

Last edited:
PItt 34 Clemson 17 Kenny gets the job done, If Clemson could only score 14 against the Cuse, then I don't see them doing much better against Pitts D.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT